Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you define condition in flowchart gateways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you define condition in flowchart gateways?

Hi,

I am having a great deal of trouble in defining the condition for a gateway in flowcharts. Main reason is that there is no documentation or examples for defining them. What i am doing is defined in the main process flowchart (refer to screencap). In the exclusive gateway, i trying to check if one variable is less then another variable. If it is, then execute the "Increment days" script task otherwise take the default path(which is "End"). See screencap for gateway definition. When i run the process it always executes the default path. I am not sure if I have defined the condition correctly. The other definition is tried was and did not work was:

ifThen($extend_dayscntl < $extend_days, true);

Also, i do not know a way to debug the contents of the variable (which i could do using echo in php).

Please help.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    You also need to provide the screenshots of the "Store extension info" and the "Increment days" blocks' logic.

Comment

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      I have attached all the screencaps as requested. I know you are a very busy person but your assistance and early attention would be appreciated. Thank you.

Maximus Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have attached all the artifacts for the process. Please help.

Attached Files

Comment

Maximus hi,

Any help, please?

Comment

Try to remove semicolon in function
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi dimyy

Thank you for the valuable help.

I removed the semicolon and it worked but it generated 2000 records and timed out. This was due to the "Increment Days" Script task. The code in there was:

$extend_runday++;
          $day_number = string\concatenate('D', number\round($extend_runday, 2));
          $extend_dayscntl++;

Somehow, the increment operator did not work. So i change the code to:

$extend_runday = $extend_runday + 1;
          $day_number = string\concatenate('D', number\round($extend_runday, 2));
          $extend_dayscntl = $extend_dayscntl + 1;

Then it worked great.

I have 2 questions:

(1) if the semicolon is removed, how do i define 2 condition? Do i code as:

" $extend_dayscntl < $extend_days && $extend_dayscntl != 0" OR
          " ($extend_dayscntl < $extend_days) && ($extend_dayscntl != 0)"

(2) Why does the increment operator not work?

You advice most appreciated.

Comment

1. Faster to try than ask. I guess both options are correct
            2. Script is not php script? it's internal espo script language (https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/formula/)

Comment

Hi dimyy

Thank you so much. Both worked as you have stated.

Comment

Working...
              X