Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has to be modified for custom extensions regarding changes in espoCRM 6.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has to be modified for custom extensions regarding changes in espoCRM 6.2?

Hi,

according to this modification on custom extensions: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2032

what has to be changed in the files of extensions to place them into the right place in future?

And what happens to older installations with extensions on update to 6.2? Will it be necessary to uninstall and delete extensions in older version first and the install again with modified files into the new version?

To extend this question: 6.2 was not published, it was alright 7.0
    Last edited by shalmaxb; 11-05-2021, 03:41 PM.

Hi,

Better if Yuri adds explanation here, but I do think there is no any action needed for extensions,

All will work as before, the feature in the link you shared is about a new location (not replacing the current location concept) where extensions can work from.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Yeah, i think like eymen-elkum probably for now it's just a recommendation. But it's good idea, because thanks to that we'll have all changes seperated from core and main application folder. Everything will be in one place - i like it.

Comment

We also have to remember that in 6.2(?) Espo will be seperated and we'll have to point domain to public folder like in Symfony. That's also great improvment.

Comment

I am not familiar with Symfony, could you elaborate on what do you mean by "Espo will be separated and we will have to point domain to public folder" ?

Thanks

Comment

telecastg here you have all information:
            All CLI-only scripts and application files will be outside the public directory making the system more secure. Scripts, node modules, logs, backups, etc. that are created in the root directory won'...

Right now you have all folders and files in main directory, and your www server shows this whole directory to the world. After next update(probably) all important files will be in the parent folder(?) and your www server will show only public folder which will contain only required files.

Comment

• emillod
              emillod commented
              Editing a comment
              espcrm it's not too hard to change that. Always you can write me a message, and i'll try to help!

• yuri
              yuri commented
              Editing a comment
              It will be easier for developers to install additional libs (e.g. with npm or pip) into the root folder w/o the need to think about security issues. Or add any script or make a backup file.
              Last edited by yuri; 07-28-2021, 10:37 AM.

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking toward to release date then... last I read it is August or September. So that mean it either soon or 1-2 month aways

I'm sorry, this one will be in 7.0 version, so not yet.

Comment

• yuri
              yuri commented
              Editing a comment
              6.2 has been renamed to 7.0 as we have too much changes made. To indicate the milestone. EspoCRM v7.0 is much more grown up application from the architecture point of view.

Also we have updated some js libs that we was not updating for a long time but should've (jquery, handlebars and a few others). Unfortunately, this brought about some compatibility issues with existing extensions. Those compatibilities are already addressed in latest releases of extensions.
              Last edited by yuri; 07-28-2021, 10:31 AM.

• emillod
              emillod commented
              Editing a comment
              yuri Thanks for the explanation

The current way will be supported (maybe forever). In most cases the only thing needed is to move your module folders to the custom directory. That's all.

Comment

Hi yuri , I am coming back to this for a quick answer. To get custom extensions to work in the recent version:
              For version 7.x will it be enough to move the content of folder client/modules to custom/Espo/Modules?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello shalmaxb

I have tested custom extensions kept in the previous folder structure, and custom extensions under the new folder structure, and they work fine either way.

For reference, the folder structures are like this:

Backend before Espo 7:
                application/Espo/Modules/{YourExtensionName}

Backend after Espo 7:
                custom/Espo/Modules/{YourExtensionName}

Frontend before Espo 7:
                client/modules/{your-extension-name}

Frontend after Espo 7:
                client/custom/modules/{your-extension-name}

Comment

Working...
                X