Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free UUID field extension for EspoCRM by devcrm.it

Hello guys!
    I want to share with you today new extension witch is called UUID field for EspoCRM.

It's free extension which will add new field type to your EspoCRM and let you to create new field which will generate UUID for every single record. Extension is available for download as an extension to EspoCRM at https://devcrm.it/uuid.
    Extension support two versions of UUID. The first(time-based) and fourth(random). We've integrated ramsey/uuid composer package to generate UUID's in proper way.

Please feel free also to check our source code in publicly available github repo: https://github.com/dubas-pro/ext-uuid-field

Thanks man,

nice 2 choose : time-based and random

Regards

Comment

item i believe that these two are only usefull.
      Thanks for kind words

Comment

Hello,
        I understand, what this extension does, but don`t know how to use and in which case? Would someone shed a little light for non developer on this?

Comment

shalmaxb thank you for your comment.
          I believe that this extension is not for everyone. You can use that extension for example to extend safety of access to your attachments. You could generate uuid to every attachment and use UUID as second parameter in URL to entryPoint, what will increase safety of your files.

Comment

• shalmaxb
            shalmaxb commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, i understand

Originally posted by emillod View Post
          shalmaxb thank you for your comment.
          I believe that this extension is not for everyone. You can use that extension for example to extend safety of access to your attachments. You could generate uuid to every attachment and use UUID as second parameter in URL to entryPoint, what will increase safety of your files.
          That is an interesting usage idea.

I probably don't have a need for this extensions but would like to ask, is it only generated upon Creation of record?

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post

That is an interesting usage idea.

I probably don't have a need for this extensions but would like to ask, is it only generated upon Creation of record?
            That is correct. It's generating like ID of espo records. We're using from UUID more than number field, because we have many public services which require UUID as second string which will authenticate client. We also have similar field but with password Oh, we have many modifications in our EspoCRM.. First we've created everything in custom directory, now, from many months we're moving changes from custom to extensions to seperate modifications. Few of them we're publishing here, on forum, for free. Other are confidential and rest will be published as paid extensions

For example we want to move our SMS module from custom to extension Then we'll publish that as a paid extension. It'll be different from VOIP integration because use will be able to connect extension to any provider which is support API sending messages

Comment

Hello guys
              We just released new version which fix issue with creating UUID field in newer versions.

You can download version 0.0.2 from our website: https://devcrm.it/uuid

Comment

Hello guys,
                we just released new version with few major changes:

Added:
                1. UUIDs Manager to keep track of all UUIDs stored in the system. Available from Administration > Data > UUIDs.
                2. Helper console command for indexing UUIDs and generating UUIDs for newly created fields.
                3. Uploaded full source code used to compile the extension.

Changed:
                1. Minimum EspoCRM requirement to 6.1.0.
                2. Minimum PHP requirement to 7.3.
                3. Updated README file.
                4. Changed field type name from "Dubas UUID" to just "UUID" in Entity Manager.

You can download version 1.0.0 from our website: https://devcrm.it/uuid

Comment

Working...
                X