Metadata auth fails with basic authentication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metadata auth fails with basic authentication

Hi, I am the author of the Breakfree mobile app for Espocrm. My app was removed from the Google app store for some new policy updates and I just addressed them as per Google guidelines and the app is now back on the Google Play Store. However I noticed that the login was failing since my app was written a while back and it seems like we have to use token and token secrets now. Can you tell me how the client can either get the Token Secret (auth-token-secret) from the initial App api call (as a response) or is it the client's responsibility to generate it (I doubt it but wanted to ask anyway). If it is client's responsibility then how should we generate it? I would like to apply a fix and release a new version so people can again start using it.

Wow, it cool to see you the project is alive again! Hopefully we can get some answer so Breakfree can be compatible with current version again.

Not sure if this of any help to you but this page may provide some info:

And to ping for help:
    yuri Maximus

Comment

Thank you. I think I already found the answer after digging a little deeper. Will publish a new version today (will be live after Google approves). Would love to collaborate with yuri and Maximus. I know so far I have been working alone on my own but it would be great to partner.

Comment

Looking forward to it! Is v8.8 the Google code compliance?

I assume v8.9 will fixing the API/login issue?

Comment

Where can I download this? Is it open source?

Comment

We should have another thread for this delicate to Breakfree, as "metdata auth fails" will just be overlooked.

From the look of it, it is not yet fully live (not verified by Google?), so when you search for "Breakfree" it come up empty.

Only way to get it is to use the direct link to the pages which can be found on the website: https://breakfreeapp.com/

Alternatively click here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reakfree&hl=en

Unfortunately it is not open source, I have tested it and there seem to be a few crashed and bug, so there need to be another update before it become truly functional. If it open source, I guess I could try my hand at fixing what I can based on my learning from playing with API system. This is especially important as I can't view any details at all for certain entity. Such as Contact, whereas Account I can view but only a few field.

Version: 9.9 (as of this post) is the usuable, from the change logs, it seem like 8.8 also work but only for Admin account, you need 9.9 for non-admin.

With that said, I'm looking forward to it future development and hopefully it can be update to be even better.
            Last edited by espcrm; 09-02-2020, 06:56 AM.

Comment

You can download version 9 from the play store. It was approved by Google and is available now. This version hopefully everything should be working. I want to be available and provide support if something fails for you. I don't want to spam the espocrm forum with breakfree related messages. I am not sure what the policy is here. But I don't want to get banned. So I will try and create a forum on http://breakfreeapp.com where you can put in tickets for breakfree issues. While I don't make any promises on turnaround time, I will do my best to respond as quickly as I can.

Comment

It should be OK to post here as long as it is relevant to EspoCRM and not something spam like like; selling "magic pill" or "check out this hot video".

I quickly tested Breakfree with the demo server and it seem to be working when opening Details field, whereas with my server it show empty. I wonder why

Comment

I can help you but I need more details to understand what is happening. Can you tell me if there is any error message? If you can give me a restricted login (Private Message me here on this forum) to your server I can check it myself as well. That is the best option. You can remove that account after I have finished testing. Also I added a forum similar to this on the breakfreeapp.com website so users can benefit from answers when they have similar issues.You can also post issues there.

Comment

• espcrm
                    espcrm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi breakfree,

I will move over to the other forum as you probably be more active there.
                Working...
                X