workflow mai to 'opted-out' e-mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workflow mai to 'opted-out' e-mails

Hello, We have workflow which send reminders by e-mail to account. Problem is that if there are an e-mail in account marked as 'opted-out' workflow still send mails to it. Ideal solution - if e-mail is marked as 'opted-out' it can't receive any e-mails from the system. Or workflow could have a setting to ignore or not 'opted-out' email addresses.

Hi,

It was not designed to work this way. You can add additional condition to check opted-out.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem is that I'm sending reminder for related table entries and in this case I can't get to this field from there. In general ir would be good if sender could check opt-out status.

yuri regards Opt-Out there are no possibility, or at least I don't see it, how to add condition to workflow. There are only to add Opt-Out Link
    , but if there are no possibility to manage sending mails based on it, it not useful a lot.
    There are a sample workflow:
    Send Email: Immediately
    To: Related: Buyer

It's mean if Buyer (relationship to account) has more than one mail in it the mails still sending to those who are opted out. As mail has relationship "Many to one" it's not posible to create reports to exclude e-mails from account which is opted out.

Ideal solution: to add condition in workflow to mark when "don't send to opted-out" mail addresses.

Comment

In workflow conditions you can add Email Address Is Opted Out field and set it to 'false'. It must do a trick.

Comment

yuri there are no conditions if workflow Trigger Type: SCHEDULED.

Comment

I see. As a solution you can call 'Sequential' workflow with 'Run Another Workflow Rule' action. It's possible to define conditions in sequential workflow.

Comment

Or another option: Filter opted out in your report that you use in the scheduled workflow.

Comment

yuri so first workflow must be set to scheduled and have a target report with data and in action is to "trigger another workflow rule" wich will send e-mails with conditions Email Address Is Opted Out field and set it to 'false'"?

So it will make 2x workflows. It will make me crazy, especially when we are sending to our customers about 50+ different kind of personalised e-mails each day. Might be there are could be another, more easy solution how to work with it?
              Might be it's possible to enable conditions there as well?

Comment

I recommend to try to filter right in the report as I noted in the post above. You will be able to see if the report filters opted-out before workflow is run.
                Last edited by yuri; 05-01-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

yuri the option to filter e-mails that is opted out it's not possible as:
                  1. we are searching in particular services table, where buyer is related to account. And buyer can have several e-mails. So, I don't know how to eliminate good e-mails from opted out.
                  2. We are sending e-mail to buyer (related account) in workflow not to particular e-mail, so it's a reason why we need a filter of e-mails there.

We tried a different angles and can't find a way how to eliminate opted-out e-mails from account we are sending mail to. We need to send e-mail to this account, just not for all e-mails conected to it.

Comment

I see. The problem that 'Account.Email Address is Opted Out' is not available in report filters.

Comment

• partomas
                      partomas commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yuri, From my point of view the problem is that in scheduled workflow there are no possibility to mark to send or not send emails to opted-out addresses. Sometimes we need be case careful and respect opted-out non communication, sometime we must send transactional emails, no matter what. And if it's workflow action send mail to account it would be nice to have functionality to set up end-or not send to particular mails of account case by case. As there are "many to one" relationship and sometimes we are not able to set the exact email to be send to from accounts pool.

Here is the fix that will allow to filter by 'Account.Email Address is Opted Out'. Need to clear cache after applying.

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...e830b0b4bde47d

Comment

Originally posted by yuri View Post
                      I see. The problem that 'Account.Email Address is Opted Out' is not available in report filters.
                      yuri is it possible to add 'Account.Email Address is Invalid' as field in reports as well?

Comment

Working...
                      X