Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailchimp Integration - synchronization of lists is not working

Hi

I have a list in EspoCRM called "Newsletter (Interessenten Mail)", and I have a list called "Newsletter" in Mailchimp.
    I setup the sync of those two lists like this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mailchimp-Sync.PNG Views:	1 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	50423
    But it is not working. Neither with auto- nor manual-sync (using "synchronize now"), to contacts I add to the list in EspoCRM won' get added in Mailchimp.

Any idea why this is not working? I also can't find an error in the EspoCRM logs...

Kind regards
    Luca
    Last edited by lucakuehne; 07-25-2019, 01:19 PM.

Hi,
    To sync your target list with MailChimp you have to manually push "synchronize now" and then Cron should execute the sync job. Perhaps Cron is not configured or the time of its execution not yet come. Firstly check whether you have configured Cron and when Cron should execute the sync job. Also, please check the EspoCRM error log file (EspoCRM/data/logs).

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
      To sync your target list with MailChimp you have to manually push "synchronize now" and then Cron should execute the sync job.
      But that would be new... Previously the lists where synced automatically, as soon as the settings (made in the screenshot I sent in the initial post) where done.

Perhaps Cron is not configured or the time of its execution not yet come. Firstly check whether you have configured Cron and when Cron should execute the sync job.
      But even if I had to sync the lists manually (which I also tried), it doesn't work. I can trigger the manual sync, and it shows in the job list (name-> "MailChimp: updateMCListRecipients") first as "pending", then "running" and afterwards as "success". IMHO this means the cron job is running...

Also, please check the EspoCRM error log file (EspoCRM/data/logs).
      As mentioned in the first post, there are no errors in the logs... Is there a separate log for the extensions?
      Last edited by lucakuehne; 07-25-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Please provide the following information to let me test this issue:
        1. The EspoCRM version
        2. The MailChimp pack version,
        3. How many users, contacts, etc. are in your target list?
        4. Does everybody in the target list has specified email addresses?

Comment

1. The EspoCRM version

2. The MailChimp pack version

3. How many users, contacts, etc. are in your target list?
          6085 contacts + 1526 leads (no accounts, no users)

4. Does everybody in the target list has specified email addresses?
          I just checked it, and not everybody in the list does have an email-address... Would that be a problem?

Comment

MailChimp doesn't sync the target list members if they haven't email address.

Comment

Yes, but it should sync those with an email-address...

Just for testing purposes I created another list in Espo and one in Mailchimp. I added 7091 contacts to that list and tried a manual sync. But it didn't work.

Comment

> but it should sync those with an email-address...
                Yes, it should.
                Please check this:
                1. Whether the 'MailChimp Sync' and 'MailChimp Sync Queue' exists in the Administration -> Scheduled Jobs and if they have the 'Active' status, and how is their proceeding result?
                2. Try to create a smaller target list (e.g. 10 contacts) and try to sync it.
                3. Have you previously synced such big list with success?

Comment

1. Whether the 'MailChimp Sync' and 'MailChimp Sync Queue' exists in the Administration -> Scheduled Jobs and if they have the 'Active' status, and how is their proceeding result?
                  There are two jobs rgearding Mailchimp: "MailChimp Sync" and "Run MailChimp Queue Items". Both of them are active and the last few hundred times they were executed, they run successfully. (I didn't look back any further...)

2. Try to create a smaller target list (e.g. 10 contacts) and try to sync it.
                  I'll try that and give you an update soon.

3. Have you previously synced such big list with success?
                  No, not liek this big. But like 1-2 years ago I synced list with about 3000-4000 people successfully.
                  Last edited by lucakuehne; 07-29-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Perhaps, the problem with syncing because you have reached the "max_contacts_size" on your MailChimp account. For instance, if you are using a Free MailChimp pack it allows you to store only 2000 contacts https://mailchimp.com/pricing/.

Comment

Perhaps, the problem with syncing because you have reached the "max_contacts_size" on your MailChimp account. For instance, if you are using a Free MailChimp pack it allows you to store only 2000 contacts https://mailchimp.com/pricing/.
                      We are not using the Free Plan, but the Pay As You Go-Plan. I now there some changes happening with the pricing. But is there no log to find out if the "max_contacts_size" limit has beend reached? Because I would say for the Pay As You Go plan there is no contacts limit.

Regarding the syncing of smaller lists:
                      I created a list with 60 contacts an the syncing runs without a problem...

Comment

There creates a record in the 'mail_chimp_queue' table of your DB when Cron runs sync your target list with MailChimp. Syncing a very large audience into Mailchimp can take a while (e.g more than an hour). When Cron starts again, it checks whether the sync is complete. If so, it shows you a notification that should appear on the EspoCRM notification sign (on the right from the global search string). Please check whether you have received such notification.
                        Please try to sync again and check it after a few hours. Also, you can check whether such record was added to your DB.

Comment

If so, it shows you a notification that should appear on the EspoCRM notification sign (on the right from the global search string). Please check whether you have received such notification.
                          I now made the list a little bit bigger and it now counts 700 (which is a small list if you ask me) contacts. Then I triggered a manual sync. I did receive such a notification. But still the contacts are not showing up in the Mailchimp-list....

Please try to sync again and check it after a few hours.
                          I already tried to sync it so many times. It is not working...

Comment

Please run this command in your terminal and give us it's result:
                            Code:
                            php -i | grep limit

Comment

Please run this command in your terminal and give us it's result
                              Is there a similar command for windows? Or you could tell me which values you exactly want.

Comment

Working...
                              X