No announcement yet.

MailChimp statistics sync back to ESPO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MailChimp statistics sync back to ESPO?

Hello!

- My main question: how long does it take for activity to appear in the Campaign Log below a contact, if that contact was included in a mailchimp campaign? It's been 12 hours and data is not yet shown...

- from where do you launch a campaign, once all is ready and set? Can you launch from Espo? Or do you send it from MailChimp then manually set the Campaign as completed in Espo?

Thanks!

Olivier.

Hello,
    the MailChimp statistics is syncing back to Espo every night, after MailChimp Sync job run and complete.

Comment

OK thanks,
      does it do it for any campaign which has been synced at least once with MailChimp?
      does the status of the campaign in Espo influence the sen (complete, active)?
      Or only the "15 days" parameter in the administration > integration ? Mailchimp is taken into account?

Comment

I ask because yesterday we complete a campaign and it did not sync back this morning.

Comment

You have to sync your Campaign with MailChimp Campaign to fetch statistics.
          Attached Files

Comment

OK so this is done, and if I press save it will be synced at midnight.
            Does sync now also sync the campaign log immediately?

Comment

If you have already set up sync with the campaign, it will be synced after the next finish MailChimp Sync job. By default, it runs every night. To check if your last changes work you can change scheduled jobs in the administration. Note that the sync of the statistics will take a bit of time. After testing I recommend you to set scheduled parameters to default.
              Attached Files

Comment

thank you so much...

I am sorry if I do not understand clearly but:
                - the sync from espo to mailchimp takes place every night at 3 (as per scheduled job), this will sync what i have "SAVED" when editing the campaign; unless I press SYNC NOW which will sync immediately.
                - the sync of statistics from mailchimp to espo will take place once a day as well, after the sync mentioned above.
                - therefore if I change the settings to * * * * * then it will sync immediately (its are take some time to sync the 50-100 contacts campaign log information).
                is that correct?

ok so what is strange is that i can see the sync executed correctly today, but in fact I cannot see any campaign log info, although I see in Mailchimp that the particular contacts have opened the email, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 14.17.33.png
Views:	359
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	46981

Comment

Update: OK I see finally statistics from today's campaign being synced from mailchimp to espo campaign (below campaign details and campaign log in contacts). That s GREAT.

I still do not understand why it did not or does not work for the campaign of yesterday.

Is it ok to have the sync with mailchimp maybe every hour? Why is it every night? because they may be thousands of things to sync?

Comment

Originally posted by olamborelle View Post
                    thank you so much...

I am sorry if I do not understand clearly but:
                    - the sync from espo to mailchimp takes place every night at 3 (as per scheduled job), this will sync what i have "SAVED" when editing the campaign; unless I press SYNC NOW which will sync immediately.
                    - the sync of statistics from mailchimp to espo will take place once a day as well, after the sync mentioned above.
                    - therefore if I change the settings to * * * * * then it will sync immediately (its are take some time to sync the 50-100 contacts campaign log information).
                    is that correct?
                    Yes. * * * * * means that job will run every minute.

Originally posted by olamborelle View Post
                    thank you so much...
                    ok so what is strange is that i can see the sync executed correctly today, but in fact I cannot see any campaign log info, although I see in Mailchimp that the particular contacts have opened the email, etc.
                    You will see all log records about opening, clicking, etc. only after sync will complete.

Comment

Thanks a lot, it works also for the campaign of yesterday,

One other small issue: some of the campaign log entries do not have a subject: the "sent" entry correctly shows the subject of the email but the "opened" does not.. any idea why this might be?

Comment

Maybe some receiver doesn't have defined firstName and lastName? Please check it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                          Maybe some receiver doesn't have defined firstName and lastName? Please check it.
                          Mmmh no that is not the problem: it is the column with the subject of the email that is empty.

Here is the list in the campaign log:

Comment

This screenshot is from Accounts?

Comment

No, from Campaign > select a campaign > scroll down to Log of the campaign > ... > View List
                              But it is the same everywhere you visualize campaign log, whether it is for the complete campaign or the campaign log below the details of a particular contact.
                              Log entries which are sent emails include the subject of the email in the second column while log entries which are opened emails do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X