Advanced Pack Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Pack Questions

Hi. I want to purchase the Advanced Pack, however, I have already done numerous modifications on the system. Would my custom modifications be overwritten if I purchase and install the advance pack? Or would they remain? Thank you.

Hello,
    if you made your customization with system features (Entity Manager, Layout Manager etc.)
    If you made your customization manually in core files (not in custom folder), the installation of Advanced Pack won't override your modifications, but not sure it will work always correct

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
      Hello,
      if you made your customization with system features (Entity Manager, Layout Manager etc.)
      If you made your customization manually in core files (not in custom folder), the installation of Advanced Pack won't override your modifications, but not sure it will work always correct
      Thank you for the answer. If I understand it correctly, if I made customizations using the system features, it will override it once I installed the advanced pack? And when I made customizations in the files/folders, the won't be overwritten?

Comment

Also, is it possible to link different status from converted data to it's original data?

Converted.Opputunity.Stage == Lost Then Original.Lead = Recycled

Is formula needed to create this kind of algorithm?

Comment

Сonversely,
          if you made customizations using the system features, it will NOT override it once you installed the advanced pack.
          It could be possible only with Workflow
          How can one automate business processes using a CRM system? In this video tutorial: Discover how to create workflows, define their target entities, add or change trigger types and scheduling, set conditions and actions.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
            Сonversely,
            if you made customizations using the system features, it will NOT override it once you installed the advanced pack.
            It could be possible only with Workflow
            https://www.espocrm.com/video/workfl...n-in-business/
            I see. Thank you very much.

So for final confirmation, those modifications that I made on the core files or those I've done manually, will they be overwritten when I install the advanced pack?

Comment

Advanced Pack is located in own path and it doesn't overwritten any files from core. But, depends on your customization, some features from the extension can work not as usual.

Comment

Working...
              X