MailChimp alternative - Sendy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MailChimp alternative - Sendy

I see there is a MailChimp integration. I can strongly recommend Sendy. Similar to Espo, we believe it’s the smart alternative to MailChimp, great software for a very competitive capital price.

Any chance of an integration?

Olof

No planned,

EspoCRM has the built-in mass emailing feature.

Comment

Understood.
      Then maybe take some inspiration from Sendy which makes great use of Amazon SES.
      Do you have a public roadmap?

Comment

hi yurikuzn

Comment

Hi,

The only public roadmap is here https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/milestones

Integration with is not planned.

Comment

Two questions..

If not an integration with Sendy - how about an integration with Amazon SES to process bounce handling. Without support for their bounce handling your account will get blocked for too higher percentage being bounced.

Second question - when importing and updating contacts - could we please support setting an email address to invalid - at the moment you can only do unsubscribe.

Comment

See here https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/late...on-bounce.html

What do other people do for outbound email?

Comment

I've looked into this and you don't have to use the API. You can have SES send the bounces to a chose email address and they arrive in this format if you ask them to include the origional headers.

Could this format be supported by Espo?

{"notificationType":"Bounce","bounce":{"bounceType ":"Permanent","bounceSubType":"General","bouncedRe cipients":[{"emailAddress":"bounce@email.co.uk","action":"fai led","status":"5.4.1","diagnosticCode":"smtp; 550 5.4.1 [bounce@email.co.uk]: Recipient address rejected: Access denied [AM5EUR03FT037.eop-EUR03.prod.protection.outlook.com]"}],"timestamp":"2019-02-21T19:42:24.439Z","feedbackId":"0102016911949681-d1fab003-bb55-435b-b133-0d20451d96cb-000000","remoteMtaIp":"104.47.8.36","reportingMTA" :"dsn; a4-21.smtp-out.eu-west-1.amazonses.com"},"mail":{"timestamp":"2019-02-21T19:42:23.000Z","source":"suzanne.diaper@email.c o.uk","sourceArn":"arn:aws:ses:eu-west-1:307468485853:identity/suzanne.diaper@email.co.uk","sourceIp":"167.98.58. 62","sendingAccountId":"307468485853","messageId": "01020169119492f9-14db89f0-3aca-41e5-a14c-5515863bc604-000000","destination":["bounce@email.co.uk"]}}

Comment

Ok, so I have this working by having the sender email address monitored - the emails are parsed and a log is created for the bounce but I'm unclear on what the subsequent action Espo takes is.

Are these emails that had a bounce protected from being mailed again. I notice the contacts are not marked as either invalid or opted out?

Kind regards

Olof

Comment

I've just sent my email...

In the logs about 20% of users are receiving the emial twice...

I changed the send rate limitation from 1000 to 10000 during the send.. could this have caused it?

Comment

Working...
                    X