VOIP performances and MySQL load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP performances and MySQL load

Our Espo installation is quite big: 120.000 accounts, 150.000 contacts, 16.000 leads, 86.000 phone numbers. We have almost 90 CRM users with a linked VOIP profile, and a lot of them works for phone marketing. The load on MySQL was very heavy, and after some investigation I've found tha problem: the plugin do a lot of query in the form of:

format_number(phone_number.name) LIKE "%123456789" or
    format_number(phone_number.name) IN ("123456789", "12345", "1234567", "12345678") There is no way that MySQL can use indexes on a field passed through format_number! Given that the plugin activates also on internals calls (e.g. when phne #123 calls #456 in another room), MySQL works like crazy.

Now I'm working on a workaround, overriding plugin classess through \Espo\Custom\* classes, but I'd like to see this approach used natively by the plugin. Basically I've added another column to the `phone_number` table, called `reverse`. Here I write the reversed version of a clean number, so one table's row could be:

id name deleted type reverse
    xxxxx +39 (01) 234567 0 Office 7654321093

With this column almost every query can be simplified. The first example become:

phone_number.reverse LIKE '987654321%'

And this is good, because a LIKE search that "begins with" can use indexes.

The second one become way better, because we can search by the reverse of the shortest number version:

phone_number.reverse LIKE '54321%'

Pay attention that queries with ORs or INs often cannot use indexes, so I prefer to get rid of them.

Our server is a 4 core (originally had 2 cores, we increased for performances reasons when we started using VOIP plugin), and under a standard load we improved from a load of 3.5 with MySQL using 350% of CPU to a way more sane 0.7 and isolated busts at 120%.

I've got the authorization by my company to share the code of my modifications, if can be useful for the developers.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Job Offers and Requests

Comment

We are facing the exact same issue. Can you share your solution so we can try it on our installation too?

Comment

Working...
      X