Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports - Taks, due "today or in the next 50 days"

Hi all,

I'm setting up a list report of tasks, which are due today (independent at which time!), or in the next 50 days...

sound really easy, just filter for "due at" and select "today", than "Add OR" and select due at "next X days" and define 50 days... and what do I get? - nothing...

now, if I create one report with only "today" and a second report, with only "next 50 days" I get exactly what needed - but in two separate reports... so it looks for me, like something with the "Add OR" filter is not working properly...?
    the reason for the need is, that we want to see in the Report all tasks from today and the near future, independent if task today was due at 2am or at 6pm (if we have at the moment for e.g. 4pm, it's by default only showing the one which is due at 6pm...).

my understanding or the "OR" filter is, that a task has to fulfill One OR the Other filter OR both of them, to get listed...?

Hi,

Both conditions must be under the same OR group. https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ts.md#or-group

Comment

ok, that worked, thx for help. even if it "looks" a little bit strange, now I have "OR" selection, "OR" second selection - but as long as it works this way, all good

Comment

Maybe it can look strange but it's the most simple way to implement UI for boolean logic. In other case it would be ambiguous and require an ability to add brackets.
        Last edited by yuri; 03-31-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

no worries, I completely understand that "end-user-logic" and "program and setup" logic are not always the same...

from the enduser perspective, he is setting up a first filter - oh, ok, great, works, and "now we add an OR"...
          the end user doesn't think, after the first part worked find, that he has to make an "OR" in front as well

but as said, if you know it, absolutely now issue

Comment

Working...
          X