Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reports: Filter on multiple entities

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reports: Filter on multiple entities

    Hi,

    We're having some problems with the module Reports. We need to filter on multiple enitites and to present columns from multiple entities.

    Problem 1
    For example, we have 3 entities, Participant - Consent - Task that we want to be able to filter and present columns from all the entities. We can't make it work.

    Problem 2
    For example, we would like to present columns from the entities Participant and Task with filters on 2 Tasks with different names. We can only make it work with 1 Task.

    Just to clarify, Participant has one->many (Consent and Task) relationships.

    How do we do this the best way? We'd really appreciate answer as soon as possible, as clients are hanging over us and we have to make this work.

    Best, Kristoffer

  • #2
    Hello Kristoffer,
    for what entity do you create a report?
    If you need to filter by 2 Tasks, select search type 'Any of' instead of 'Is', or click Add AND -> Add Field (or Add OR, if only one of condition has met)

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Tanya,

      Thank you for quick response!

      Acording to the last examples and entities.

      for what entity do you create a report?
      If we create the report with entity Particiant, then we can't show columns from children (Consent and Task). With children I mean, one(particiant)->many(Consent,Task) relation. If we create the report with entity Consent, then we can show columns from particiant (parent) but not columns from Consent. We'd like to show columns from all 3 entities.


      For the second problem with filtering.
      With below filter, we expect Send saliva kit (Task) to have the status Completed and Recieve saliva sample (another Task) to have the status not Completed. But we get all participant records.


      Click image for larger version

Name:	filter_ex.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	34998

      Best, K

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by patsonson View Post
        Hi Tanya,

        Thank you for quick response!

        Acording to the last examples and entities.

        for what entity do you create a report?
        If we create the report with entity Particiant, then we can't show columns from children (Consent and Task). With children I mean, one(particiant)->many(Consent,Task) relation. If we create the report with entity Consent, then we can show columns from particiant (parent) but not columns from Consent. We'd like to show columns from all 3 entities.


        For the second problem with filtering.
        With below filter, we expect Send saliva kit (Task) to have the status Completed and Recieve saliva sample (another Task) to have the status not Completed. But we get all participant records.


        Click image for larger version

Name:	filter_ex.PNG
Views:	117
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	34998

        Best, K
        Hi Tanya,

        Is what I described in previous post possible to do with Reports?

        Thanks again!
        //Kristoffer

        Comment


        • #5
          maybe the discussion in this thread helps:
          Hi all, I'd like to create some list-reports with the Advanced Pack. We have "Contacts" (standard entity) and also "Vehicles" (self


          as I had a "similar" issue... I was able to set the right filters etc., but I couldn't grab the information from the child objects into the report...
          the thing what is not yet really clear to me is, why I had to rename "Task" to "primaryTask" in the relationship setup.

          also the task.php file would obviously need some modifcation...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChrisL View Post
            maybe the discussion in this thread helps:
            Hi all, I'd like to create some list-reports with the Advanced Pack. We have "Contacts" (standard entity) and also "Vehicles" (self


            as I had a "similar" issue... I was able to set the right filters etc., but I couldn't grab the information from the child objects into the report...
            the thing what is not yet really clear to me is, why I had to rename "Task" to "primaryTask" in the relationship setup.

            also the task.php file would obviously need some modifcation...
            Thanks for your reply, I'll try this first thing tomorrow. It may help solve one of our problem!

            Comment


            • #7
              We would like to try to post one of our problems here once more, in hope for help.

              We are having trouble displaying columns from multiple entities in the extension Reports. See below image with an example of entities and their relationships. We would like to be able to create reports on the entity Participant and show columns from children entities to this entity.




              We have considered a relationship entity that connects all relationships as a separate solution. However, there will be many rows in such an entity.

              Can we get around this somehow or do we need to place an order to you guys to develop this functionality for us?

              We would really appreciate an answer, as we have demanding clients who wants this done as soon as possible.

              Thank you!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello,
                it's impossible. In the list you can show only parent's fields, but not the children's. You could try to develop needed report, if you have a developer.
                Could you write a report columns you want?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tanya View Post
                  Hello,
                  it's impossible. In the list you can show only parent's fields, but not the children's. You could try to develop needed report, if you have a developer.
                  Could you write a report columns you want?
                  Hi Tanya,

                  thank you for your reply!

                  We need the reports to be dynamic, so we can add enitties or change names on them if we need to, and also be able to show fields from parents as well as children. Can we have contact information to the developing team or any individual contact to discuss any possible development of this?

                  Best regards, Kristoffer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Fill the contact Form https://www.espocrm.com/support/ and write your specification. We will forward it to our partners.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by tanya View Post
                      Fill the contact Form https://www.espocrm.com/support/ and write your specification. We will forward it to our partners.
                      Thank you, I'll do that.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X