Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting customizations

Hello,

I am using the software and have done multiple customizations for a customer, including additional fields, entities, UI customizations,etc. All customizations were made using the Admin interface. Is there a way to export such customizations so that they could be applied to a different installation?

Thanks,
    -Eduardo Quiros-Campos

Hello.
    If a version is the same, copy/paste "custom" folder.

Comment

And what will happen for a X.Y.Z new version where X ou Y numbers are increased ?

Comment

sometimes field parameters are changed.
        If you copy data from older instance to newer, everything has to be good, but if you copy custom folder from newer espo to older, something could doesn't work

Comment

If it possible to handle all that specific development to a private "git" branch ?
          Meaning

1/ I make a git clone of https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm
          2/ From last tag, i create a git branch to put all my custom stuff
          3/ When origin/master branch is updated on your side, i "rebase master" my own branch and redeploy my webapp from my branch ?

Do you think this workflow could work all the time and don't have to use "upgrade zip file from X to Y version " ?
          PS: should i always "rebuild" after this kind of deployment ?

(indeed, a "rebase master" can only allow me to have the latest hot-fixes) but it can be closed to a "minor upgrade" too .. or a major upgrade?

Are there any tricks on your "upgrade zip file" ? or can i have everything thanks to Git + rebase/master + always rebuild the database ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wtconseil View Post
            If it possible to handle all that specific development to a private "git" branch ?
            Meaning

1/ I make a git clone of https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm
            2/ From last tag, i create a git branch to put all my custom stuff
            3/ When origin/master branch is updated on your side, i "rebase master" my own branch and redeploy my webapp from my branch ?

Do you think this workflow could work all the time and don't have to use "upgrade zip file from X to Y version " ?
            PS: should i always "rebuild" after this kind of deployment ?

(indeed, a "rebase master" can only allow me to have the latest hot-fixes) but it can be closed to a "minor upgrade" too .. or a major upgrade?

Are there any tricks on your "upgrade zip file" ? or can i have everything thanks to Git + rebase/master + always rebuild the database ?

Thanks
            I have a custom branch with ~50 plus changes to core code. Needless to say this is a huge nightmare to manage when trying to keep up to dates with upgrades. Often internal changes means I need to completely rewrite the changes. While none are that big, the process is time consuming and not the sort of thing I like to spend my time doing.

You would probably rebase onto the released tags, rather than master. But master tends to be pretty stable anyway.

The upgrade.zip's often include code that runs before + after an upgrade in order to modify the schema/contents of the database and so you need to keep an eye on these. Just unzip one and look at how they work.

You have to rebuild when ever metadata changes so, yes after an upgrade this would be a requirement.

Comment

Working...
            X