Reports: modifiedBy.<fieldName> not valid column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reports: modifiedBy.<fieldName> not valid column

If I add Modified By.<anyfield> as a column to a Report, I receive a server side error:

VM67:572 Server side error 200: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'modifiedBy.name' in 'field list

Seems it's not supported by EspoCRM orm framework at this moment.

Comment

So how do we remove those fields that aren't supported from the option list? Is it a particular type of relationship which isn't supported?

Comment

It seems, the problem is with Person entity type, field Name. Use instead of Modified By.Name just Modified By, or Modified By.First Name and Modified By.Last Name

Comment

Can you tell me how to remove these from the options in the Report editor?

Users shouldn't be able to request columns which are not possible to return.

Comment

Use instead of 'Modified By.Name' just 'Modified By', or 'Modified By.First Name' and 'Modified By.Last Name'
            or attach the report (screenshot of edit view) for more accurate recommendations

Comment

Hi - thanks, I know I can use 'Modified By'. Really what would be useful is a fix for the extension so that my users are not able to choose any column name which causes a server error, or a fix so that the column name is a valid choice.

Comment

These fields will be removed from list.

Comment

Another example is choosing "Assigned User.Email Address" as a column which causes a server side error.

Is it not possible to fix the query generation so that these columns are valid?

Comment

Not sure. It's complicated to implement.

Comment

Yeah I know :-) I've been through the query generation code and have got lost so many times.

It just doesn't look good for users to see 'Server Side Error' and no other explanation. If there is a programatic way to tell which fields will not work and remove them from the list that would be suitable. But ideally all fields would be possible to retrieve.

Comment

Working...
                      X