email use cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email use cases

Hi, I'm struggling to find the best workflow for the following two use cases, starting with the most complex:

1. Send a series of 8 emails (one/week) to a series of customers.
    2. Each of the 8 emails has a specific template.
    3. Each email template has a field that is populated by a set of hyperlinks that are person-specific.

To make this more tangible, let's say that my customers are Mary, Jane and Joe. All three will receive the same email templates -- first template would be "Hi [first_name], thought you would like to check this [hyperlink]" while the second would be "Hey [first_name], check this [hyperlink]" and so on -- but the hyperlinks sent to Mary are Mary-specific, the ones to Jane are Jane-specific and so are Joe's.

Is this possible with the extension?

In case it is not, what would be the best way to set the following, simplified workflow that mimics an app like Boomerang:

1. I want to send 8 messages to Jane
    2. I manually write these 8 messages down without any fields to be instantiated
    3. These 8 emails are delivered one/week

Last question, which can be applied to both workflows above: Is there a way to set a workflow so that it would send me a message every time the 8th email goes out, so that I can add more messages to this stream?

thanks

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

You can create Campaign with Mass Email for one Email Template. Target Lists are your lists of recipients. Email Template can contain placeholders like {Person.firstName], {Account.someField}

https://github.com/espocrm/documenta.../mass-email.md

Last question, which can be applied to both workflows above: Is there a way to set a workflow so that it would send me a message every time the 8th email goes out, so that I can add more messages to this stream?
    If you will use Campaigns it is not supported to run workflow once Mass Email schedule is finished. But I think it can be achieved with a little amendment (just need to enable Workflow for Mass Email entity, by default it's disabled).
    Last edited by yuri; 09-29-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X