Complex Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex Documents

I need to transfer some very complex pdfs, client contracts and reports, generated in our previous crm to EspoCRM. These were laid out in php using a previous version of TCPDF. I can't seem to figure out how to either convert them or create similarly complex pdfs in EspoCRM. I have tried to find a way to make if work including searching the forums and looking through the developer documentation but still can't figure it out.

For example a contract is about 18 pages long and pulls information from Account, Contacts and Sales Orders. The complex report pulls from Account, Sales Order and 2 new entities we setup.

I would like to generate the contract while in the Contact detail screen and generate the report while in the detail screen of one of the new entities.

So far everything else in EspoCRM is fantastic and with the ability to generate contracts it would take it to the next level for us.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

How did you insert the field values in your PDF? If possible, post one of the former templates (not a filled PDF itself) you used. I am quite sure, that you will be able to use them further on.

Comment

The previous platform reports and documents were done directly in PHP. I have attached two examples, one with a layout format invoked from another module and one pulled directly from TCPDF template. Both have been changed from .pdf to .txt for upload purposes.

Thanks so much for answering my question.
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I am afraid, from these files it will not be possible to convert it in any easy way. Could you provide one PDF as it is output in your former software? I would like to try to convert it.

Comment

Here are a couple of examples as generated by the previous platform. The contracts are to big to upload here.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, this would work. I attach your converted PDF Verification Form. I did the following:

1. I converted your PDF using a free online PDF to HTML converter (https://tools.pdf24.org/de/pdf-in-html)
            2. In an Editor (notepad++) I deleted the HTML header tags, copied only the whole body
            3. In the HTML I deleted this sytle: style="page-break-before:always; page-break-after:always", because it is some formatting, that you will have to code again as it does not work correctly in th espoCRM PDF editor. But this is work you will have to do anyway.
            4. In espoCRM choose as engine DOMPDF
            5. Create a PDF template with your configuration and paste the prepared HTML into the WYSIWYG editor in code view. It is recommended always to only use the code view, as the WYSIWYG view causes unwanted code.
            6. Start to format as you wish.

The attached PDF I "created" in 2 minutes, so converting is possible and very fast. The work to get a decent form in the end is always the work you have to do with the PDF editor.
            Attached Files

Comment

• esforim
              esforim commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting with the PDF to HTML!

shalmaxb - great work
            JBaker don't worry, for sure you can generate such pdf's with EspoCRM If you need any assistance just contact Shalmaxb or us to get some professional support with th EspoCRM.

Comment

• shalmaxb
              shalmaxb commented
              Editing a comment
              emillod, thank you for the credits!

Will give it a go. I think this solution will work for some simpler document generation. I will report back on my success.

Comment

• shalmaxb
              shalmaxb commented
              Editing a comment
              Be sure, you will be able to create complex PDF as well. It needs only a bit practice, skills in HTML and trial and error. If you get in any trouble, don`t hesitate to ask. I made lots of PDF templates the passed years and learned to create decent designs.

As I like to play around I had another idea. I tried to create the DOMPDF template with ai (in my case Microsoft copilot, which is integrated in Edge browser.)

1. I copied the text from your PDF "Notary Form Redacted"

2. I wrote this prompt: I need a pdf template suited for DOMPDF for espocrm from this document: -> here I pasted the copied pdf

3. Copilot created the code for the template, result in the attachment.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X