Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Kickstart a Boilerplate Extension for EspoCRM Together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Kickstart a Boilerplate Extension for EspoCRM Together!

Hey EspoCRM Enthusiasts!

Hope you're all doing great. I've been thinking about how we can make our EspoCRM experience even better, and I've got an idea that I'm super excited to share with you.

What's the Big Idea?

​Imagine a boilerplate extension for EspoCRM, a toolkit demonstrating the optimal use of controllers, services, views, and more. This isn't just a tool; it's a roadmap for unlocking EspoCRM's full potential.

My Plan and How You Can Chip In:

I'm starting this off with a $200 contribution and inviting all of you to join the funding pool. For transparency and trust, we'll have a respected community member manage our fund. Let's pool our resources and make this idea a reality!

Why This Project Rocks:
    • Educational Value: A practical guide to mastering EspoCRM.
    • Community Power: A collaborative effort for collective benefits.
    • Open Source Spirit: Enhancing EspoCRM's adaptability and functionality.
    Need Your Thoughts!​​

I've got some initial ideas for the first version of our extension, but your input is crucial. Here's what I'm thinking:

First Version Features:
    1. Views and Child Views with Nested Templates: Accessible at
      Code:
      http://espocrm/#Boilerplate
      . This page should showcase various methods and functionalities as outlined in EspoCRM's View Development Documentation.
    2. Custom Route Example: A unique route accessible at
      Code:
      http://espocrm/#Boilerplate/routeExample
    3. Admin Menu for Settings: A dedicated space for our Boilerplate settings at
      Code:
      http://espocrm/#Admin/Boilerplate
    ​Since I'm not deeply versed in EspoCRM development, I'd love to get your insights. What features do you think we should include in our first version? I'm thinking of keeping the first version backend-free to start with manageable steps.

Let's Discuss and Decide Together

Your suggestions, feedback, and nominations for our fund manager are eagerly awaited. Let's brainstorm and set this project in motion.

Your Help in Managing the Project and Funds

As we're pooling our resources for this project, there's another important aspect we need to address – managing the funds and work distribution. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure how much effort each part of the project will take and how we should fairly distribute the funds among those who contribute their time and skills.

Seeking a Project Manager

Therefore, I propose we nominate a trusted and knowledgeable member of our community to take on the role of Project Manager. This person would not only oversee the fund allocation but also help in deciding how much work is involved in each task and how the funds should be distributed to the contributors.

A Special Call to Commercial Developers

For those of you in the commercial sphere of EspoCRM development. If you believe this boilerplate extension project could be a valuable asset in your future projects, and you're willing to contribute your expertise pro bono, we should have – Sponsorship Opportunities.

Sponsorship through Contribution:

By contributing to this project, you're not just helping the community; you're also showcasing your skills and services. In return for your generous contribution of time and expertise, we will include a sponsorship section in our extension. This section is a place where we can highlight and promote the developers and their businesses who have played a pivotal role in making this extension a reality.

Acknowledging EspoCRM's Current Trajectory and Our Role in Its Evolution

I want to express my admiration and respect for the work being done on EspoCRM, particularly by Yuri. Having closely monitored EspoCRM's development and using it for my personal business, I've seen firsthand the dedication to stability and longevity in its evolution. Yuri and the team are doing a phenomenal job, carefully balancing the need for new features with the platform's overall stability.

Our Project's Contribution to EspoCRM's Future:

While the core team focuses on these crucial aspects, our project represents a parallel path. By developing this boilerplate extension and potentially more tools in the future, we can contribute significantly to EspoCRM's ecosystem. This initiative is about empowering the wider community. It's an opportunity for many of us to have a go at extending and enriching EspoCRM. We can bring in fresh ideas, experiment with new features, and potentially introduce innovations that align with Yuri's vision for a stable and robust platform.

At The End

​Before wrapping up, I want to share with you my ultimate vision for this project. While creating a boilerplate extension is our immediate goal, I'm looking further into the future. I envision a time when we have a scaffolding extension and perhaps even a Command Line Interface (CLI) tool specifically designed for EspoCRM that could scaffold a base extension using a step-by-step wizard

Your Role in This Vision:

Your contributions, whether in ideas, development, or funding, are not just for a single project. They are stepping stones towards this broader goal. Every bit of support brings us closer to a more flexible, developer-friendly EspoCRM.

Best Regards,
    Roger​​​​​
Working...
X