Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to do custom frontend work in Espo 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do custom frontend work in Espo 8?

Hi all,
    I have been doing just well my custom work with older version of EspoCRM where I add my custom script into /client/custom/... then I clear cache and that all the changes are visible.

I have just installed the latest version 8. But no chance to do any custom work either its new file I add in /client/custom/... or I edit existing javascript client file.
    Can you please tell me what I am missing?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

There was no any change regarding custom dir. But now you can't just edit core files.
    Last edited by yuri; 11-06-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Hi Yuri,
      Please can you clarify? Its forbidden to edit core files or we cant edit that? since we have source code we should not be able to modify?
      Here is my use case: I want to add another menu item in the navbar top right menu just under "Preference". Can you please help with that?

Comment

It's not forbidden (legally), but changes in core JS files (files Espo is shipped with) won't have any effect as sources are bundled and minified. Changing these files was always not recommended as changes are lost on every upgrade. If you want to modify them, you will need to do in on the repository (clone or fork from GitHub) and build with `grunt` command.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          You will build bundles. Then you can replace them in your instance. You can replace the whole client/lib directory.

I can't help with adding new items to the menu. I have my work to do.
      Working...
      X