Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter on selection of related record

Hi!
    I'm trying to filter records, which are displayed, when selecting related record. This is not a filter, like usual filter on front-end with checkbox, but filter which is used in addition to all other filters, when making select query to DB. I tried to use complex expression in "where" propery of entityDefs with no luck. Then I tried to read more docs, but I got even more confused. Can someone guide me how to resolve this issue?
    This is my complex expression (primaryTeamId is varchar field of current entity)

PHP Code:
    "assignedUser": {

"required"false,

"readOnly"false,

"where": {

"IN": {

"whereClause": {

"id=s": {

"from""TeamUser",

"select": ["userId"],

"whereClause": {

"deleted"false,

"teamId""{primaryTeamId}"

}
                    }
                }
           }
        }
    },
    ​ 

Maybe use a selectHandler. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...current-record. It can add frontend filters whenever you a select a record for a relation.

If you want to completely handle it in the backend, you need to write some custom code.

Comment

I would better write custom code in PHP. Where to find a reference?

Comment

It's not easy to tell. First you need to pass some parameter from the frontend to let the backend to know to apply your filter.

You can use a custom primary filter.

Create a primary filter that won't be listed on the standard list view, but applied when you select records. selectPrimaryFilterName: https://docs.espocrm.com/development...tionshippanels

Define an implementation class: https://docs.espocrm.com/development...erclassnamemap

Then you will need just to apply a needed filter to a query builder.

Comment

• a.slyzhko
          a.slyzhko commented
          Editing a comment
          I see that I have to implement Espo\Core\Select\Primary\Filter interface, which has function apply(QueryBuilder $queryBuilder): void
          But how to pass a value of team id from the task entity to this method?

If you need to completely forbid the ability to select not allowed assigned user, you will need to add a backend validation for the field.

Comment

If you want to pass some value, I recommend to resort to selectHandler that will return (in promise) a filter "linkedWith".

Example: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...ccount-many.js

See the topic I posted above for more detail.

Comment

Thanks, I implemented this using selectHandler. But user can clear team filter. How to forbid this?

Comment

Having a validation for the field is the easiest solution. Other solutions would require investigating and would take time.

Comment

• a.slyzhko
                a.slyzhko commented
                Editing a comment
                This validation is applied on entity save/update as I understand? I need a tool, which will select only valid related records before they are passed to the front-end. And to perform this filtering, I need entity id, to which I select related record, or a value of primaryTeamId of this entity.

It would require me spending some time to find a solution. I have other work to do. If it's a for link field, there's no problem to have a validation that just won't allow to save a record a wrong user.
              Last edited by yuri; 10-31-2023, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X