Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating multiple entities in one API call

Hello devs!

I have installed Espo version 7.5.5 and set up a node JS implementation of API calls with HMAC authorisation as described here. I can now create leads, contacts, etc as well as custom entities defined in entity manager via the API. However I need to create a few entities in one API call, so I've written a custom module as described here.

In Custom\Espo\Modules\MyModule I have:

Api\MyAction
    Controllers\MyController
    Binding
    MyService1

I'm using the Binding class to attach the MyService1 service to the container. The MyAction API is successfully calling the MyService1 where I am going to put the application logic. (I think this is the right way to do it)

I want the custom API to create a contact, then create a product registration record containing a Serial number and another ID and link the two records. I think I need to do something like what is described in CRUD actions:

PHP Code:
    <?php

namespace Espo\Custom\Controllers;

use 
    Espo\Core\Api\Request;
    use 
    Espo\Core\Api\Response;

class 
    MyController {

// Creates a record.

public function postActionCreate(Request $requestResponse $response): void {}

}
    (the above is pulled straight from the documentation but I was going to put this into my service class as I believe we are supposed to keep controllers lean).

My problem is how to tell postActionCreate what kind of record I want to create. I assume this method decides the record type from the the path section of the URL (eg /contact), but mine is a custom URL with something like ContactProductRegistration. Is there a way that I can tell the postActionCreate to create a contact and then call it again to create the custom product registration entity and then call something to link the two together, or do I need to do something more custom?

Many thanks,
    Clare

Hi Clare,

You can pass parameters in JSON payload and then read it from the response: $response->getParsedBody()->myParameter. This assumes that you will use a single API endpoint.

BTW, it's not necessary to use Binding when passing a service class to a controller. DI can resolve a dependency automatically if it's defined as a class rather an interface.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the response. I am already passing data in the payload but I don't think this can tell postActionCreate what kind of record to create can it?

I want to call postActionCreate once to create a contact, a second time to create a product registration record and then create a relationship between the two records. Is there a way I can specify the record type to the function? Or do I need to do it some other way?

Cheers,
      Clare

Comment

It's OK, I figured it out. I need to use the entity manager.

Cheers,
        Clare

Comment

Working...
        X