Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPM - flowchart with two parallel sub-processes after trigger

Hi,

I'm trying to have two parallel sub-processes running after a single trigger:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl469358.png
Views:	211
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	87406

In each send message sub-process a variable is set, after which a workflow is initiated.

However, it seems the variable that is set doesn't have it's scope limited to the sub-process.

In other words, in the workflows that are initiated, the variable has the same value for both.

What i'm trying to achieve is that after a single state change to an entity, i'm sending messages to two different groups of people, using two different templates.

Someone has a suggestion of how to set run these in parallel?​

I re-checked. It worked as expected. I paralleled two sub-processes. Each sub-process had their variable declared within. I set the sub-processes to return those variables to the parent process. After execution both variables returned to the parent process.

Not sure about your lower flow with the timer start. These two start events will instantiate separate processes.

Comment

yuri thanks, it seems indeed they run in parallel as expected. My problem might be that I'm not able to pass within the sub-process the variable $template_id to the workflow that is initiated. I've tried to catch the variable in the workflow formula action with $template_id and $$template_id, but both are not set. Any suggestions how to pass the variable to the workflow when initiated through a BPM sub-process?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	87457

Name:	image.png
Views:	152
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	87458Click image for larger version

Views:	156
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	87459

I've tried to catch it with {$$template_id}, $$template_id, $template_id and {$template_id}

Views:	147
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	87460​​

Last edited by Maarten; 01-25-2023, 09:34 AM.

Comment

It seems to work when I create a new process and call it as an activity from the main process. But it doesn't work when the main process initiates a workflow. Somehow the variable is not passed on to a workflow.

Comment

When triggering another workflow rule variables are not passed (we would have documented it otherwise). I recommended to use a BPM task instead.

Comment

Working...
          X