Error Whilst Rebuilding Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Whilst Rebuilding Database

Hi, I've recently encountered an error when rebuilding my database. It is preventing me creating / editing custom entities.

My host interpreted the logs to suggest "Specified key was too long". My most recent log file is attached.

I am running version 7.2.7 and am showing 'Success' against all System Requirements (Administration > System Requirements).

Attached Files

I've just tried to upgrade to 7.3.1 and the issue is preventing the upgrade too (I'd hoped it would fix it). I have just updated my PHP to 8.0.27 too.

Comment

Hi,

You are on MariaDB? What version?

Comment

Your entity, which name begins with "sta". Do you have a custom index created there?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help. Drawing my attention to the entity beginning with STA helped me resolve the problem.

Comment

• shalmaxb
            shalmaxb commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi, being a bit more specific in how you solved the problem could be helpful for others, when similar happens to them. Thank you.

Just wanted to post the outcome of this in case anyone comes across the same issue. The entity in question was used as a message board, and the issue came because I was using the default Name field for the messages. Some messages were too long and caused the issue. I have since restructures using a proper text field now for the messages.

Comment

Working...
          X