Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theme in version 7.2

Hi Yuri,

The theme improvements are a great features. I am one of the guys who love create and customizing the themes. I need some help in understanding the "how to" on themes. This may have been documented somewhere but I am unable to locate them.

(1) Where are the themes locate and can i create new themes?
    (2) Where are css variables located?
    (3) Can we add/modify css definitions?

Please accept my apologies if i repeating these questions.

Hi,

This requires making a separate article in the docs. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time at the moment, hope to do it the future. Maybe somebody could chime in and provide some instructions here.

There were not lot of changes in the theme framework in v7.2 regarding how themes are created. It became more easy to create custom themes actually.

When we build Espo theme CSS files are build from the less files (frontend/less/) and are put to espo/client/css/espo. Metadata for themes is at application/Espo/Resources/metadata/themes.

If you want just to an modify existing theme it can be done w/o building from less files. Just import css from a default theme, and redefine some css variables.

Comment

Attached the Violet theme CSS before optimization. espo.css is imported in the beginning and then CSS variables redefined.
      Attached Files

Comment

• murugappan
        murugappan commented
        Editing a comment
        yuri , Thank you so much. i will dig into these and test in our dev environment.
    Working...
    X