Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding items with barcode scanner before creating the record

Hi,
    I wanted to ask if there would be a way to add items to for example Sales order with a barcode scanner while its being created. The first question would be this:
    1. Would it be possible to implement such functionality straight into the view of the record creation? The idea would be that you press create sales order, fill in the info, press add items and then scan them with a barcode scanner or a camera to add sales order items
    2. If the first option is not doable, maybe it would be possible to create an external page, put a button in the sales order create view, which would lead to that external page. The external page would contain code that takes the scan as the input and returns a barcode as a number that would match currently existing products in the product entity. I imagine this could be done through the API, but the question is how do you relate those scanned sales order items with the sales order? Since as I understand the sales order ID would only be generated after creating the order.

Probably it's possible in both ways, i would have to think longer on first one, but second seems easy. You just have to create a form which will gather all information about products, then on send create salesOrder and relate products to salesOrder id. We're working right now on barcode scanner extension to EspoCRM which will work with EspoCRM, on various devices. Maybe in the future will add functionality which will allow to add products to salesOrder. Interesting idea.

Comment

Working...
    X