Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import entity html support in column

Hello,

When i try to import csv file to espocrm entity, and one of my csv column contain html <br>
    after import it being converted to &lt;br&gt; ( espocrm choose column during pmapping step was text type )

I have tried also create new column type: Wysiwyg
    but that column was not avaialbe in dropdown during import mapping step.

Dose anyone met same issue ?
    and how to resolve it ?

I can confirm that behaviour. I solve it by loading the csv file in Excel (might be possible with other programs too) and process a search/replace command in Excel, like search for <*>, replace by (nothing). That strips any HTML Tag from the file.
    The text between the HTML-Tags will be preserved.

Comment

Thanks for replay shalmaxb,

But the thing is i want to keep <> them
      And have line break (as <br> dose line break)

Comment

This will not be possible with csv, because csv interprets everything as plain text.
        And if you import HTML Tags to a given WYSIWYG field, there in case of <br>it will be converted to &lt;br&gt; This is a behaviour of the editor in this field. I don`t know, if there is a solution to that.

Comment

I have never tried this but perhaps it will work:

1) Convert the CSV HTML tags to markdown language using an external library like this https://attacomsian.com/blog/convert-html-to-markdown or an online service and import into a field type "text"

2) Expo will render plain text with markdown correctly and you will be able to preserve basic formatting like line break

Comment

Working...
          X