Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Request in Powershell with "where" filtering

Hi there,

I am new in the Espo-World. I am trying to write a GET-Request, to get an user id of a contact, filtered by emailAddress. I found the following information, that I can filter the contacts by emailAddress: https://docs.espocrm.com/development...s/#where-items

But I can't find any example, how to do it in Powershell. Every try results in a 500 respond from the API.

$whereFilter = "{
    'type':'equals',
    'attribute':'emailAddress',
    'value':'+$mail+'
    }"

$compressedWhereFilter = $whereFilter | ConvertFrom-Json | ConvertTo-Json -Depth 10 -Compress

$headers = New-Object"System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary[[String],[String]]"
    $headers.Add("X-Api-Key", $xApiKey)

[System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode($CompressedFilters)

$encodedUri = "{0}Contact?where={1}"-f$baseUrl,[System.Web.HttpUtility]::UrlEncode($compressedWhereFilter)

return Invoke-RestMethod -Uri $encodedUri -Method 'GET' -Headers $headers | ConvertTo-Json

That is my last try. Without UrlEncode I get 500 too.

I would appreciate any help.

Greeting from Germany
    Paul

>>>> EDIT:

I think I found a good solution:
    $headers = New-Object"System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary[[String],[String]]"
    $headers.Add("X-Api-Key", $xApiKey)

$url = $baseUrl+"Contact?where[0][type]=equals&where[0][attribute]=emailAddress&where[0][value]="+$mail
    returnInvoke-RestMethod -Uri $url -Method 'GET' -Headers $headers

Here I got the idea to look at the ready URI to filter the contacts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6NZ41Uj7R8
    Dzięki za video i pozdrowienia, emillod
    Last edited by paul; 04-09-2022, 07:40 PM. Reason: I found the solution, how it works for me.

Thanks for posting the solution.

Comment

As of 7.0.0 search parameters can be passed in JSON format in the parameter `searchParams`. So it's much easier, not requiring building `where` arrays.

Comment

Working...
    X