No announcement yet.

Too many errors generated after we physically remove files in the upload folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many errors generated after we physically remove files in the upload folder

Hi,

The upload folder gets filled with attachments that come with an email. The load is actually created by the logos in the sender email which are stored as files in the upload folder. This has bloated the the folder to a size of 60GB over the years. To reduce the space usage we go down to the upload and delete some of the files. We did not use the Administrator function to delete the attachments as it hogs the app. As result of deleting these attachments, the log is getting filled error 403. Please see attachment.

Is there a way to stop logging such errors? Does this error affect performance or cause critical failures?

Click image for larger version  Name:	attachment error.png Views:	0 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	79674

Personally from my logic it should help perform better, as now it doesn't need to decode the file, it will try to find the file 1 times, it fail so no more looking until you refresh the data.

As oppose to; "search for filename, decode the file, display the file". That just my thinking, it might not be true at all and you might end up with a headache down in 2023 or 2024.

I suppose, instead of deleting, maybe filter it by old date, move all the file somewhere else and write a comments of how on to 'restore' it back for future administrator or to help you remember why you did what you did. Hopefully in future version we can solve this by some sort of "duplicate" image linking instead of each image each file.

Comment

I don't understand why the file/attachment is asked in your sample log
      i understand if you open a email, and the file/attachment is deleted, then the log.
      error 403 is not same error 404.

i think you open a "maybe feature request".

business attachment in upload folder
      email in another folder.

to brainstorm.

Comment

Hi item espcrm

Thank you for responding. The messages are ok. We actually go in and physically delete these attachments. Our Upload folder has grown to a size of 80GB (today). As there were no email archiving solution that works with Espocrm, we had no choice but to copy and delete using our own utility scripts. The problem is that when the user tries to read or reply an email which has its attachment deleted, these messages get logged. With so many of the messages, we tend miss the important messages that needs attention. Finding these can be a pain taking task.

With regards to filtering the attachments, i think its already there in the administrator function, Its just not stored in different folders. We could put in a feature request as follows:

(1) Create config parameters to define the folders for inline attachments and others.
        (2) Provide Administration functions to remove all uploaded attachment in these folders with date filters.

Comment

Working...
        X