Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow or BPM does not execute on Importing data

Hi,

I am having problem with both workflow and BPM when importing data. What i am trying to do is to calculate another field and update after importing the data for the entity. The import seems to work fine but the calculation and update of another field does not seem to work as defined in the workflow/BPM which is triggered on save or create.

Does workflow or bpm execute on importing data? Please help.

As far i remember, hooks works with imported records, so i assume that workflows also. Did you created trigger as "After create"? And do you have any processes created?

Comment

Hi emillod ,

Thank you so much for responding.

Allow me tell you want i am doing.

(1) I defined an entity called "menuitem" - See Screenshot1
      (2) As the "name" field to be unique for each "menuitem" i made this field to be calculated by combining the "App Name", "Sequence Number" and "Menu Name" fields. See Screenshot2
      (3) I tested this be creating the data manually (data input) and it works fine.
      (4) I created a formula for the entity and it worked fine during import
      (5) I created a process as per screenshot3, screenshot4 and screenshot5 but it failed.

Appreciate your help.
      Attached Files

Comment

When you import, on the first step, there's a checkbox "Silent Mode". Try to uncheck it. It by-passes workflows.

Comment

• murugappan
          murugappan commented
          Editing a comment
          yuri sorry for the late reply because i managed to get it working by using a formula on the entity. It worked fine.Thank you for your advice, I will test this soon.
      Working...
      X