Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounting software connection exstension

Hi,

do someone can help me to learn what is the right or best way to develop connection from/to Espo and external accounting software?
    • create new entity(s) where store accountig data needed to view in Espo?
    • update accounting entity(s) with scheduled job(s)?
    • in other way is possible only request data from accounting software (via API) from UI in Account (or Contact) new panel without storing anything in Espo?
    • needed some new rules on Account/Contact entities (for example new field erpCode, if erpCode is not empty all entity fields must be protected, changes will be made only in accounting software and after updated in Espo)
    • for easy update differents enviroments may be the best way develop a custom extesnion?
    • to begin extension developing learning is it a good way study real estate extension? https://www.espocrm.com/extensions/real-estate/
    • other suggestions?
    I'm sorry for many questions, but I'm little bit confused and I'll appreciate any help to start correct/best path in Espo customization way

I see no one reply yet so I will give a brief answer:

in other way is possible only request data from accounting software (via API) - I heard you can you what call Webhook which would be more ideal for this situation of yours
    • update accounting entity(s) with scheduled job(s)? - workflow? paid extension sadly.
    • needed some new rules on Account/Contact entities (for example new field erpCode, if erpCode is not empty all entity fields must be protected, changes will be made only in accounting software and after updated in Espo) - yes you can make that condition, not sure about how to do "change only in accounting software part", that you will need to play with Permission and API I guess.
    • for easy update differents enviroments may be the best way develop a custom extesnion? - create a "development server" and dont mix it with your everyday use one.
    • to begin extension developing learning is it a good way study real estate extension? - that one way, real estate is not bad if you want to emulate how it is done, but reading some of emillod and telecastg tutorial might give you some insight. or check out the 'wiki' for hundreds of stuff, particular the Coding section if you plan to code: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...sign/wiki/Home
    • other suggestions? - looking forward to your contribution to the community
    PS: i'm an user like yourself.

Comment

• acuf
      acuf commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you esforim I hope to contribute to the comunity soon
Working...
X