Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Http Request in Workflow sometime sends SMS othertime can't send due to timeout error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Http Request in Workflow sometime sends SMS othertime can't send due to timeout error

When I used an API which works completely fine in API Tester but when I use same API in Workflow to send SMS when some entity field is Updated, then following case happens:
    1. It would sometime save the entity fast and send sms
    2. but sometime it would take time to update entity and won't send sms.
    Please let me know why it happens and also let me know if there is any way to store the response of api
    Thank you in Advance...

The Error in error.log as below :

[2021-09-09 07:53:09] ERROR: Workflow[6139ad4ef3a3aa5b7]: Action failed [sendRequest] with cid [0], details: Workflow: Send Request action: https://advancesms.com.np/api/esposms; Timeout.. [] []
    [2021-09-09 07:53:17] ERROR: Workflow[6139ad4ef3a3aa5b7]: Action failed [sendRequest] with cid [0], details: Workflow: Send Request action: https://advancesms.com.np/api/esposms; Timeout.. [] []

Thank you in Advance...

I doubt that Espo has anything to your problem. It uses curl to make HTTP request, and curl returns a timeout error. By default the timeout is set to 7 seconds.

You can change it in the config file data/config.php:

Code:
    'workflowSendRequestTimeout' => 30,

Comment

Thank you so much yuri .

i am planning to add my own sms gatway for two factor authentication . can you please guide me how can i add my own sms gatway for two factor authenication.

Thank you in advance

Comment

Hello yubrajkafle

Nice question !
        I have not good skill for do that but i think if you have some skill :

new hook Authentification : https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/issues/2067

application/Espo/Core/Authentification/TwoFactor : all files.. where find code/sample.

i think, we need maybe a special setting in admin section
        i think, we certainly need to adapt to portal user.

What do you think (brainstorming ) ?
        emillod
        telecastg
        espcrm
        Last edited by item; 09-09-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm looking through the Docs and I have no idea what I'm reading. Look like a new "authentication method for hook"?

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello item we don't use 2FA so I really don't have much to contribute for now

It requires good skills in programming.

Comment

• yubrajkafle
          yubrajkafle commented
          Editing a comment
          how to Block User from deleting Note from Stream ?

Hello Developer

I want to restrict user from deleting or editing post in stream . user should not be able to delete or edit others as well as own post from Stream ?

Thanks in Advance

how to store dynamic value in varchar by mannual text + field attributes
          Hello

i have one name field where i want to store new text which will be the mixture of mannual text + value called through attributes

for example

i have two field

status = approved
          company name : abc company

now i want to set name varchar field = abc company approved

Please Help

Thanks in Advance

Hello guys,
        yeah, yuri is right, it required some programming skills We think about adding additional 2FA methods for emails with codes and U2F(Universal 2nd Factor), but it's not a priority for now.

espcrm authentication method for hook i believe is for something different. For example we're using something similar in our EspoCRM for login notifications.
        item you're right about place of code, i have to check this, maybe i'll figure something out fast.

Comment

2FA is refactored in v7.0. It will be easy to add custom implementations w/o changing any core file.

Comment

yuri when you plan to release v7?

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              He mention is in beta soon (probably this week?). So I guess end of the month would probably be the goal time. But who know.

how to Block User from deleting Note from Stream ?

Hello Developer

I want to restrict user from deleting or editing post in stream . user should not be able to delete or edit others as well as own post from Stream ?

Thanks in Advance

Hello

i have one name field where i want to store new text which will be the mixture of mannual text + value called through attributes

for example

i have two field

status = approved

Please Help

Thanks in Advancehow to Block User from deleting Note from Stream ?

Hello Developer

Thanks in Advance

Hello

for example

i have two field

status = approved

Please Help

Thanks in Advance

Comment

Working...
            X