• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assigning a contact in Portal Users does seem to work

Hi,

This is what i did:-

(1) Created a Contact record
    (2) Added the Contacts under bottom panel of 2 Accounts (Pesakit) - See attachment
    (3) Created a Portal Role - See attachment (note the Account entity (Pesakit) does not allow "contact" owner ship.
    (4) Created Portal User without assigning "Accounts" - See attachment.
    (5) On accessing the portal using the User ID, the Account List does not list the two accounts
    (6) To verify definitions are good, added the 2 accounts under "Accounts" in Portal User definition.
    (7) Test again and it works fine which proves that the the Portal related definitions were correct.
    (8) The link definition between Account and Contacts remain the same as initial installation.

How do we use the "Contact" in Portal User definition? Our objective is to provide a Portal User with access to accounts related to the Contact.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by murugappan; 08-14-2021, 02:44 PM. Reason: Edit was done for typo errors and clearer understanding, i hope.

Hi,

Realizing that i may not get much help on this topic, i tried other alternatives and I found a workaround solution. This is what i did:

(1) Created teams for Corporate company and created a role which is configured to allow "team" access rights
    (2) Create Corporate user and assign the corporate company team.
    (3) Allowed Corporate users to create Accounts (Pesakit) entering the name of the Pesakit (meaning Patient) in the name field.
    (3) When the account is created, the assigned Team was updated with the Corporate user's team using process flowchart which also creates a portal user record for the named Account(Pesakit) access, additionally.
    (4) By doing (1) and (3), the Corporate user can only see their team accounts (i.e the accounts belonging to the company) and the portal user can only see his own account.

I can share the process details if anyone is interested. The usage of Contacts in Portal User is still a big question which remains unanswered.
    Last edited by murugappan; 08-19-2021, 02:08 PM. Reason: Edited to correct English mistakes and more clarity.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank muru, sorry I can't contribute any info. But it good you make some progress. In the meantime I add this thread to the 'wiki', hopefully other can make use of your info.

Hi espocrm , Can i have access to your "Wiki"? Could add more stuff.

Comment

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      hi espcrm ,

Apologize for the late reply. I did not get the invite, Please sent the invite to murugappan_rm51@yahoo.com

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi muru, look like that Github person isn't you, after inviting you by email there is an additional 2 letters, this would be you I think: https://github.com/murugappanrm

• murugappan
      murugappan commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi espcrm, Thank you. Managed to get in. Will run through and add my contributions.
Working...
X