Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filtering options list

Hello everyone,
    We have a specific requirement for the way how we want CRM to work and can't figure out how to configure or develop this. If anyone can help it would be great.

Our setup:

We have our customer profiles set up using "Contacts" entity.

We also have custom entity "TV Boxes" (type: BasePlus) and relationship configured with "contact" for it is "manyToOne".
    "TV Box" entity has "MAC Address" field (varchar).

We also have custom entity "Subscription History" (type: Base) that has relationship with contact as "manyToOne" and with TV Box as "manyToOne" as well.
    "Subscription History" also has "TV Box MAC" field (type: link).

Business logic behind this setup is: Our customer (contact) signup for TV service - Customer profile (contact) created for this customer.
    Customer renting the TV box that we identify by MAC address and this TV box assigned to this customer in CRM.
    Also customer paying for subscription period ("Subscription History") for the service that provided using this, assigned to him TV box.
    One customer can have more then one TV boxes and more then one "Subscriptions" at the same time.

When we are viewing our customer (Contact) details page we have a section for "Subscription History" on the same page listing all Subscriptions of this customer.
    When we click on "+" in "Subscription History" sections header on this page we are getting a "Create Subscription History" form opened to add TV box.
    In this form field "TV Box MAC" has an arrow when clicked on it we are getting the full list of all TV boxes we have in the system.

The question is:
    How to make that when we click on this arrow in "TV Box MAC" field to get the list of only those TV boxes that assigned to this specific customer instead of ALL TV boxes in the system (TV boxes not assigned or assigned to other customers)?

Thank you

There was a guide on how to do this by devcrm but it will take a bit of exploring to get it to work properly: https://devcrm.it/custom-filters

If you can read code you might also want to see how the "Email > Add to Contact" is coded and work from there. It automatic search filter with the relevant name. I think Opportunities and Account also does it.

Personally coding is too hard for me so I never do it myself. I only use the "Saved Filter" option readily available to use but it is limited ability.

Comment

Thanks! Let me look into it

Comment

No luck. Was able to add filter but it is not doing anything. I assume that because 'contactId' (TV boxes owner) not passed to the form where user selecting TV boxes.

Is there a paid module that can solve the original task or are there experienced EspoCRM developers here that I can hire to complete this?
        Thanks

Comment

Hi, the fastest way to get exactly what you want, is probably to hire an experienced developer.

If you decide to go that way, I recommend 2 professional developers, who are active forum participants, and have demonstrated their abilities by the quality of their responses helping other users: emillod and eymen-elkum

Comment

• emillod
            emillod commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much for kind words

• telecastg
            telecastg commented
            Editing a comment
            Well earned friend

Thanks

Comment

• telecastg