Trying to modify Real Estate Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to modify Real Estate Extension

I am trying to create a workaround of the real estate extension for a second hand car dealership with fields like brand of the car, how many kilo meters it's driven etc.

I am using the structure of real estate extension and working on it. When i am creating new fields and removing the old fields and try to run it I get this error, "order by non-existing field "matchingPropertyCount". I am doing it via CLI not GUI. Can anyone help me resolve this error?'

Hi there,
    Please check an EspoCRM log to investigate all errors caused by your customization https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ng/#check-logs.
    I've noticed that you even change the name of the entity not only its label. You definitely need some tips from developers. I've moved this topic to the Developer Help branch.

Comment

Hello,
      when I started to use espoCRM I did the same as you. I tried to use the Real Estate Ext. for another purpose. I learnt from my failure with that approach, that it is much easier in the end to take the steps to create your own custom entities, learn by that and achieve a solution that fits.
      Imagine only the nightmare with the names of entities and fields. You will not only have to know, what the fields in the original extension meant to be but also, for what you will use it. I never would do that again. Relationships, formulas .... everything depends on these names.
      Another advantage of creating everything from scratch is, that you will be able to form the whole app, as you need it. You eill see, how many ideas for your purpose will arise. And espoCRM is perfect for nearly any task.

Believe me, it will be a bit more slow in the beginning but in the end you will be much more satisfied and would not waste a lot of time to repair things. And perhaps you won`t even need a developer.

Comment

• punkyard
        punkyard commented
        Editing a comment
        we just all wish someone explained it comprehensive words ..
        can't find any video or tuto describing how to do that so :/

I'm not much of a help here.

I guess I understand the need for CLI once you are good with it and proficient. But I'm going to assume you are new to using EspoCRM but wouldn't it be best to do the slow method with customize with GUI? Since you likely are unfamiliar with EspoCRM

Secondly, best not to remove any existing field in it. Either rename it or hide it from visibility, and create new field. I think shalmaxb demo use Real Estate extension, maybe you can get some inspiration from that.

As for that error, perhaps reinstall extension might re-create the table. Or see if changing the sort order help in: Admin > Entity Manager > Edit

Lastly to plug in this link that may help you dig for relevant information you might find helpful: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki
      Last edited by espcrm; 06-18-2021, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X