Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add new "Save to ..."

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to all developers who contribute to EspoCrm.

I use the CRM on daily basis and it is fantastic.

Being an user of your product and running my small company I realized that there is a functionality which mignt be beneficial to add. It is the QR Bill option (e.g. invoices which are looking like a QR code).
    This functionality mignht be particularly beneficial for your users from Switzerland (as myself) or others where the QR Bill function is a common practice.

In order to give you a better idea kindly look at (https://github.com/sprain/php-swiss-qr-bill). The idea of the way where the new functionality might be added is illiustrated on the screenshots attached below.

Having IT development as a hobby I made already a certain progress in integration of the functionality. Happy to be available for futher joined brainstorming and effort to make it happened.

Kindly keep me updated in case you will decide to implement this functionality.

Looking forward and thanks.
    William

If I understand you right, you could realize that with the possibilities, that are already onboard. I use a QR-Code printed on a label to get the data of a product, when scanning the QR-Code.
    I realized that in this way:

Field1: URL (in your case of the invoice), fetched by formula (here it is supposed, that your invoice is inside espoCRM). The formula works in a way, that in the formula the main URL is implemented statically and the ID is concatenated from the ID of the product (invoice). This way you combine the URL with the dynamic ID. I hope you can get that by my description.
    Field2: QR-Code, which uses the URL from Field 1 to generate the QR-Code (in your case of the invoice)

Then you generate a template, where you output the QR-Code. The PDF you can send to your clients.

The clients should get access to the saved PDF (I would save it in documents, but you could also provide another location). In my case I provided access to the upload folder using the correct entry point by using the extension from devcrm Dubas Public Attachment for espoCRM. Otherwise you could not achieve access to the upload folder, because it is protected. In that described case, the client has to login, what I solved by a very restricted role and easy to remember login credentials.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, shal is absolutely on right. You can just create a QR Field and use that in your template. If you want it to have a fancy drop down menu then you would need to learn code for that; which is much more difficult than using QR Field and adding it into a PDF Template.

Dear shalmaxb and espcrm, thank you for the answer.

The invoice need to look like this picture attach. Is a protocol of the country with de swiss cross in middle.

I found what you mean by the QR code system from Espocrm, it is not working because of the swiss cross in middle.

Now i'm using a web page where i upload the invoice of the PDF and is attaching this QR Code to the invoice.

Thank you for your help and support.

Comment

Ah, the Sweden being quite pedantic with that requirement but it is understandable requirements.

Unfortunately the built-in system can't do special logo/image in the centre of the QR Code like your picture have. I think EspoCRM use the library which may support it, but you would need to modify the code for that to work. If worse case scenario it doesn't support then you would need to develop (code) it.

Unfortunately that would mean (1) do it yourself (2) hire someone to do it (3) feature request (and probably get decline). I don't think there any existing extension that can do this yet.

Here is how EspoCRM does it barcode I think: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...lds/barcode.js
      Last edited by espcrm; 06-16-2021, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your informations.

I did some modification already ( See the screenshot), the scripts are working.

I'm working on it.

Best regards

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Very cool, hopefully you can share it with community.

Hi espcrm, thank you for your interest about my "work".

Is really difficult to modify some instructions from the base of the engine and i decide to do something faster.

Because of my busy time, i did a little project where is generate a PDF with the QR Code Bill with the values in a URL link.

1. Creat a template with a link with values for the Swiss Qr Bill.
        2. From invoice, "Save to PDF" and chose the templete created from step 1.
        3. When you have the pdf generated, just click on the link.
        4. The link go to another project on the server, and it generate the templete for bill with the Swiss Qr Code.
        5. download it, print and add with the invoice details.

I just saw some possibility, with hook system, or maybe with the script command before save? I really want to make it by a simple way, when i will have some time i will try to do it.

I'm happy to share it with the community and try to work with them/you

(I hope my english is ok)

Best regards,

Comment

Your English is fine, everything is very clear from what I read. That "outside" project server system seem like a good workaround. Yes, there is a few way to go about doing it, so as long as you have code skill to do it.

Not sure if this help but I thought I plug-in my link list, it contain many interesting thread that may be interest to you or may help you. The documentations may be lacking in certain aspect, thankfully an user have create a few tutorial for coding, it is at the end:

Contribute to o-data/EspoCRM-Learning-and-Design development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Working...
          X