Attach image to email sent from entity (activities) automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attach image to email sent from entity (activities) automatically

Hello, I extended the document entity by activities (email, tasks ....), what works. In my document entity I have a custom field with an image, that I would like to attach to an email generated via activities/email by formula. I extended attachment entity already by formula, but don`t see, which fields I have to choose for the formula.

Hello,

This is very strange
    If you created the fields personally, then you should see them, when you look attributes.
    But you can write them manually.

Comment

Hello,
      These moments are not clear for me:
      1. I extended the document entity by activities (email, tasks ....)
      How did you extend it? What does it mean "extend"?

2. I would like to attach to an email generated via activities/email by formula.
      So which a way you need to send email: activities/email or formula?

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        I extended the document detail view with a side panel like other entities have (base plus).

I wonder if there is a formula, that attaches an existing image in the document itself (I have that as a custom field in the document`s entity). When sending an email by the side panel, I would like to attach that very image as attachment in that email.
        The use case is the following:
        I create kind of an article with data and an image to send via email as post for a wordpress website. This works without problem, only that I always have to attach the image manually, although it is present in the sent document. So I would like a solution, that fetches that image and puts it as an attachment.

To make it work you need to write a custom view somewhere in the /client dir. I'm gonna move this topic to the Developer Help branch. Hope someone will help you.
      BTW, did you try to use formula as a workaround (e.g. if new email is created and the parent type is Document and status is Sending then attach the image (image id) form the desired field)? Probably you will need to play a little with the conditions. It might not work but I believe it worht to try.

Comment

Working...
      X