Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql 5.6

hi
    is there a way to skip mysql version check at install?
    in order to force installation on mysql 5.6 (on OVH shared servers), if that's ever possible (i pray).

could i process it through a server migration (install on MAMP, then backup and copy files and DB to OVH)?
    or modify a file in /install (resource.. setup.. php) ?

could this install on mysql 5.6 cause known issues?
    thanks
    Last edited by punkyard; 03-29-2021, 06:43 PM.

well, it seems possible to pass the DB version test .. would espocrm work properly though?
    any known issues?

Comment

I assume it would cause issue and you will receive no support for it.

I had to move server too when my shared hosting latest version didn't support the requirement.

You could always give it a try and see how much it does or does not work.

Comment

yes, but how?

That seems risky .. all the work it takes, that could end in a dump :/

Comment

Actually migrating to another hosting service is not that complicated and by far less risky than trying to "force" Espo to work with an outdated mysql version.

I had the same experience as espcrm and had to change providers, which turned out to be a great decision, since I shouldn't have to work with outdated software just because my old provider did not want to invest in keeping the latest versions.

My suggestion would be to practice first "migrating" your current installation to a local server and then you would feel more confident to try the same to another service provider. This post should help understanding how to do that. https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/inst...1187#post61187

Comment

thanks a lot for your advice and concern
            there is a lot on this server that we share for unexpensive costs, we'll have to think and monetize the thinking ^^
            I keep the link you shared (I was looking for this thanks again

Comment

• telecastg
              telecastg commented
              Editing a comment
              You're very welcome, good luck.

There isn't much of a choice when it come to Shared Hosting, they (the provider) certainly won't as telecastg said won't willing to upgrade. It too much additional work for them to do so and probably see no reason to until many software start breaking then they are forced to update.

But that is a risk you have to do if you want to go through with
            "in order to force installation on mysql 5.6 (on OVH shared servers)"

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
              But that is a risk you have to do if you want to go through with
              yes, which risk? do you have a detailed answer to this, please? technically speaking

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                No clues to be honest. If it a unknown territory and not something I would try myself.

thanks for your straight forward answer !

if anyone wants/can enlighten briefly the subject, readers could broaden slowly their knowledge ^^

Comment

Working...
              X