Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reference for coders - GUI - Which scripts control an entity's detail view ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reference for coders - GUI - Which scripts control an entity's detail view ?

One of the most frustrating things when I started to work with Espo was that lacking experience with the Backbone.js framework, on which Espo front end is based, I could not understand which scripts needed to be modified to customize an entity's detail display or why when I made modifications things wouldn't seem to work.

Later I realized that the problem was that many times I would be modifying the "wrong" script because an Espo "detail" view is made of nested views that control different parts of the screen and even the display of each individual field.

Here's a diagram that lists the different scripts or classes that control each section of an entity's detail display. Hopefully this will help other developers find their way around Espo too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Detail Display Nested Views.PNG Views:	35 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	67254
    For more information about script mapping check this post: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...ange-something
    Last edited by telecastg; 02-20-2021, 06:00 AM.
Working...
X