Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support on API to update to Account Information Data from External Database

Hi,

Support on API to update espocrm Account deails according to Account Information Data from External Database.

Epocrm Details are Account having Name, Account Code, Customer Status

External database details are same as order, AccName, AccCode, CusStatus

Espocrm External DB
    Name AccName
    Account Code AccCode
    Customer Status CusStatus

Here what i need to do is update espo account - > Customer status (enum)= Active/Inactive as per to the information from external db CusStatus.

Account Code = AccCode

Note
    --------
    External DB is our master database which is using by other departments. So once someone change the CustStatus of a purticular account, that should be update in the espocrm aswell with matching the Account code which is unique to espocrm and the external db.

Appreciate the API code help with steps since i'm not familiar with the API.

Cheers!
    Nishan.

Hello, seeking for support for this.
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

Comment

Can someone with API knowledge help me on this ?
      Cheers!
      Nishan.

Comment

Hello Nishan,

i have not make API ... but for me your request is easy :
        what is your external db ? it's espoCRM ? it's openSource ? have your external db a api ?
        what is the problem for me, is to know what give your master db as possibility !
        espoCRM can search in your external db ... and upadate .. or external app can update espocrm ..

Regards

Comment

Hello Nishan Perera
          yes, it's possible. I can't give you tutorial step by step, but you should create script in your external app which will trigger if something change and then connect to api espo to update records in EspoCRM database. Do you have code skills? If yes i could try to help you here. If no, maybe you could order that kind of integration?

This script in your external script should convert these information for espo to specific format.

Comment

The easiest way is to create hook to get data from external db and update entity before save. Other way you can use webhooks if external db will trigger changes in espocrm, The most obvious is to call api - PUT endpoint (https://docs.espocrm.com/development/api/crud/#update) and in payload define all the data that needs update.

Comment

Working...
            X