Open source agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open source agreement

Since espo is open source, once I modify and customize the espo crm what are the guidelines once that is done. Must I make my version open source as well or what are my options of making the modified version my personal software. Your input advise and direction is greatly appreciate.

It all here I think: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...er/LICENSE.txt
    More specifically:
    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
    Version 3, 29 June 2007

I haven't really read through it since I have no plan to keep any code private; but the simplicity of Open Source (from hearsay) is you do with it however you want.

Only thing you can't do is with certain Non-public code, for example some of the Paid for extension. You can't create your own package of that.

You can keep all modification to yourself. But do know that Open Source relies on contribution to further improve, branching it to another Open Source system may be of little gain.

I suppose the license should answer all of your question considering it length.

Comment

Here you have my own opinion, but you should consider consult that part with a lawyer.
      1. You can create your own modifications, but you can't remove license header from espocrm source files.
      2. Based on information from EspoCRM devs you can't remove information about author from footer

You can for example add some modifications and sell. You can also create own extensions and sell them as seperated product which users be able to install on their own instances.

Comment

Working...
      X