Creating a pop up message notification instead of a push notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a pop up message notification instead of a push notification

In the defining a workflow, i could create a notification after an event has occurred. Example, when an email has been received from a group email relating to a case. I could trigger a notification to the team that an email has arrived from a client. Unfortunately, the notification is a push notification and it sits silently under bell for someone to access. That really did not add value to the workflow. What we need is pop message so the a pop up will appear and alert the user.

Question: How can we generate a pop up message instead of a push notification?

espcrm Maximus Hi guys, any help on this?

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi muragappan, can't help you. I don't have workflow extensions. But my experience with popup is the "Reminder" system (See Task and Meeting reminder field). Can you add Reminder trigger?

Maybe that will work?

Off topic: As for me, my "Bell" has hit 1000+ now, I just don't bother with it, it mostly email ping and opening the email doesn't update that. I have to look at Notification bell and manually mark as Read. Even though I read most of those unread email.

Hi espocrm , my users have given up looking at the bell notifications. Some of them get about 200 per day. That is why they want a pop-up which should appear when they log-in and then they can dismiss it. The availability of email or bell notification is not useful in the case entity. We would like to pop-up a message to the team when an specific case is registered. I tried this in the workflow using the extension pack but only got a bell notification (sigh!). This may reduce the usefulness of the extension pack as workflow notification is very import and integral part of BPM when escalations are required. We bought the extension pack and now finding it difficult to justify the BPM aspect of the component. I am a Business Process Engineering professional/consultant and my expectation grow high when i see BPM being core of the extension pack. Perhaps we cannot expect much from the software being open-source and free. Only worry is that my user may mature out of this software and want IT to source alternatives. Unfortunately, I like this one very much.

Hope someone has a solution for this.

Comment

Hi murugappan,
      There is no ability to create popup notification nor with Workflow neither with BPM. I believe it is possible to achieve by coding a hook https://docs.espocrm.com/development/hooks/. Investigate these files to understand how popup notification is creating:
      1. /application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Services/Activities.php (function getPopupNotifications);
      2. /application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Controllers/Activities.php (function actionPopupNotifications).

Comment

Hello,

first solution :
        hook on email isNew
        just need create record in reminder entity for each user ?

PHP Code:
        $remindAt->sub(new \DateInterval('PT' $seconds 'S'));

foreach (
        $userIdList as $userId) {
        $id Util::generateId();

$sql "
        INSERT
        INTO `reminder`
        (id, entity_id, entity_type, `type`, user_id, remind_at, start_at, `seconds`)
        VALUES (
        "
        .$pdo->quote($id).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($entity->id).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($entityType).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($type).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($userId).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($remindAt->format('Y-m-d H:i:s')).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($dateValue).",
        "
        .$pdo->quote($seconds)."
        )
        "
        ;
        $pdo->query($sql);

second solution :

stream post to team ?
        create a record on note entity type post to team
        or https://www.espocrm.com/blog/automat...with-workflow/

third solution :

custom workflow function/action ? need investigate
        https://docs.espocrm.com/development...rvice-actions/

regards
        Last edited by item; 08-17-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• murugappan
          murugappan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Item, solution 1 many not be good because i dont want to select all the users. Solution 2 seems good but does not meet my needs. May have to try out 3rd option and that suggested my Maximus.

Maximus, item Thank you for your assistance. I my age of 70, i am slowly picking up programming. I will try the solutions after digesting them.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Respect to you.

Hi espcrm I have created a DMS (Document Management System) using Espocrm. Anyone interested? I will upload here.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please.

Hi murugappan

I my age of 70, i am slowly picking up programming
        not too far behind myself and still trying to learn too

I have created a DMS (Document Management System) using Espocrm. Anyone interested? I will upload here.
        would greatly appreciate it !

Comment

Hi telecastg
          Hi espcrm

I have uploaded 2 apps. The "dms version" is for document management and "pharma version" is for pharmacy prescription issuing version. The pharma version was developed on quick need basis for a pharmacy associated with us for prescription home delivery during the lockdown period. How to install:

(1) DMS
          ======
          (1) Unzip Espo(dms version).zip.
          (2) Create a new espocrm instance and override the espo folder under custom folder with the unzipped version.
          (3) Fire-up the crm, clear cache and rebuild.
          (4) That's it. You will have the dms components.

(2) Pharma
          =======
          (1) Download the 2 attachments for pharma
          (2) Rename Espo(phama version2).zip to Espo(pharma version).z01
          (3) Unzip Espo(pharma version).zip
          (4) Do all the same steps (2) to (4).

For the pharma version, you will need the Advance Pack installed. Hope it works for you guys.
          Attached Files

Comment

• telecastg
            telecastg commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks so much

• Nishan Perera
            Nishan Perera commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much. Interesting to check this.
        Working...
        X