RAM eating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM eating problem

I'm having a bizarre problem... I am unable to create users or login with certain users. I was able to trigger a 503 error with this code. It is caused by php-fpm process being killed, and thus apache timing out.
    Code:
    $a = $this->getEntityManager()->getEntity('User','5ec4fc7cb73e789df'); // this is ok, the internal values array is populated correctly
    $b = $a->toArray(); // when this line is executed ram is swallowed
    which is quite strange. After some analysis it shows that when that user tries to log-in (or the above code is executed, or the API call for getting the user data is made by the frontend) the script will suddenly eat up all available ram.

Also, I am able to login without problems with my administrator account, and some other account. It may be a database problem but when I duplicated the user row and changed their id the problem would persist...

I'm not sure it depends on Espo yet, but I would like to know what you think about this yuri

I am also working with cpanel support team to troubleshooting. Do you know any condition that could result in this wild memory allocation?
    I had a look at the toArray function and seems quite normal to me. Maybe there is some underhanded bug I am not seeing.
    Last edited by tothewine; 07-22-2020, 08:14 PM.

> Do you know any condition that could result in this wild memory allocation

I've never encountered.

Comment

The real strange thing is that installing and loading xdebug makes it go away so I can't even debug it properly... I can't wrap my head around the fact that only some specific accounts (none of which are admin) are unable to login. I think I will try changing the is_admin column in the database for one of the problem users and see if I can login by making them admin temporarily...

Comment

is_admin is not supported field and will be removed in 6.0. Use type = 'admin' instead..

Comment

• tothewine
          tothewine commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks. will do

Well, in the end I found the cause... infinite recursion of the Entity->get() method for a specific password-like field (unencrypted write only, basically) that was using Entity->get('field') to get the original value...so basically it's this custom code's fault:

Code:
        namespace Espo\Custom\Entities;
        class User extends \Espo\Entities\User {
        protected function _getTempCode(): string {
         $ret = $this->get('tempCode'); // infinite recursion (!)
        // some other processing using $ret happens here...
         if (!empty($ret)) return '*******'; else return $ret;
        }

protected function _setTempCode($value): void {
        if ($value !== '*******') $this->setValue('tempCode', $value);
        }}
        Is there a "setValue" equivalent for reading bypassing hooks? I would like to suggest a "getValue" function for doing ->get but without hooking
        And is there a more proper way to make a field write-only?

Comment

You can read directly from $valuesContainer property.

Comment

• tothewine
            tothewine commented
            Editing a comment
            perfect thank you
        Working...
        X