Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Question: How do I get the customized label information

Hi,

I am planning to develop a mobile app for ESPO CRM.

One of the feature that I am not able to access through the REST API is customized label details. Admin user can modify Web UI labels using Label manager. For example, for Lead/Account/Contact someone may want to use the term "Details" in place for "Description".

How do I access this meta-data so that there is no mismatch between the label used in web application and mobile app UI.

Thanks,

Regards,
    Vikram

Hi Vikram,

These data must be fetched separately.

GET https://your-site-url/api/v1/I18n

You will find field labels in the response data by the path YourEntityType > "fields" > yourFields.

I recommend to cache the whole response in your app after fetching.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your quick reply. This is really great. Somehow I missed locating the API in the documentation. Also thanks for the caching suggestion.

Just one small question - if the user has not done any label customization - will this return me localized labels as per the particular deployment configuration? If yes, it would really save me a lot of effort of handling the localization on the app side.

Regards,
      Vikram

Comment

I don't understand the question.

It will return labels translated to the language set for the current user in their preferences (if you use Basic Authentication and log as regular user). You can pass GET parameter ?default=true, to return in default language.

If you use API User, it will return in the language set in Administration > Settings.

There's no an ability to return labels for a specific language.

Comment

Hi Yuri,

Sorry for confusing phrasing of my question, but your reply has clarified my doubt. I was looking for labels in the language as per the current user's language preference. And I have checked, the API indeed returns as per the language preference of the current user.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
          Vikram

Comment

Working...
          X