Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logout using REST API

Hi,

I am toying with the idea of making an app for ESPO CRM. Still very early stage and haven't thought through in detail.

I have started experimenting with the REST API to get a feel of effort involved. A few immediate issues that I ran into:

1. How does one logout using REST API?

2. Is there a way to have a long duration session? or do I just need to remember the username and password and use it whenever the session expires?

Thanks,

Regards,
    Vikram

Hi Vikram,

There are two options. Using api user with api-key, or a regular user with username and password. In case of regular user you use basic authorization. There is no such a thing as logout in basic authorization. Hence there are no sessions.

Regards.

Comment

Hi Yurikuzn,

Thanks for yoru quick reply.

I am trying to minimize the admin work that will be required for using the app. The API-Key approach will require the user to first generate an API-KEY. Therefore, I had planned to go with Espo-Authorization option provided in the API:

Code:
      "Espo-Authorization: " + base64Encode(username + ':' + passwordOrToken)
      I am using user name and password for initial login, which gets me the details of the user and also a token that I can use for subsequent API calls. So far this has worked fine. My concern is when will this token expire? Of course, I can handle session expiry in the code and re-login using the username and password that user had entered initially. Just was trying to avoid that.

Regards.

Comment

It's determined by 2 parameters at Administration > Authentication: Auth Token Lifetime and Auth Token Max Idle Time.

Once you receive 401 error you just try to obtain a new token.

Comment

Working...
        X