Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    'Link Multiple' is probably EspoCRM Forum Wishlist at the moment from the Elba team.

• murugappan
    commented on 's reply
    Some of the extensions are really interesting and great. These are a my picks:

(1) Label Cells
    (2) Welcome
    (3) Layout Pro --> good but expensive to justify
    (4) Chat ---> expensive, cannot justify need, nice to have.
    (5) Mask Field ---> Will not be used often but useful
    (6) Link Multiple ---> definitely very useful but very expensive

The rest are something that i would lay off. The bad part the many do have demo and those that have do not work because we need to sign in, its odd. The extension which Abdulkadir mentioned does not exists. Probably he must have bought it sometime ago and it may have been taken off the shelf.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    I use your tutorial so it got what I need. It something to consider for other people to use I suppose.

• murugappan
    commented on 's reply
    espcrm I just complained to the CEO who is also a member in the forum. Seems overpriced too for some extension for benefit.

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    I don't see where it is either. Their official website is correct, I looked at all their extensions: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/shop

• murugappan
    commented on 's reply
    Hi espcrm , with regards to differentiating it from other domain/subdomain by adding a "text" to the icon seems too much work. In my case i just change the app name in the settings. This way it will appear at the top of the side-bar. Just a suggestion.

• murugappan
    commented on 's reply
    Hi @Abdulkadir

I tried their website and all i get is a few extensions. Nothing about the Ebla Theme or any theme for that matter. They dont even seem to have a search feature. This is the site URL: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/ I dont know if this the correct one. Please advise. Tq.
    Last edited by murugappan; 01-24-2023, 10:46 PM.

• Abdulkadir
    replied
    Hi my friend, you can use the EblaSoft extension. The extension name is Ebla Theme.
    You can change favicon easily

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	863
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	87218

Leave a comment:

• espcrm
    commented on 's reply
    Confirm easy to follow tutorial and working well.

Very hard to get a good looking favicon due to the small size!

I also want to differential it from other domain/subdomain so I add a "text" to the icon but is so hard to read still. I added in a "red background" to make it slightly easier. It doesn't look good on Desktop, but on mobile with better density it look readable.

Anyway you may need to make a few attempt.
    Last edited by espcrm; 01-13-2023, 02:41 AM.

• murugappan
    replied
    Hi,

NOTE: Use a file converter like https://favicon.io/favicon-converter/ to convert your png images to .ico flles, though the png should also work.

As a closure, I am documenting what i did using all the advises above:

(1) loaded my ico files (either .png or .ico) into new folder under client/custom/img
    (2) created a folder custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/app/
    (3) created a new file client.json in the same folder
    (4) Added the following code in client.json:

PHP Code:
    {
    "favicon""client/custom/img/favicon.png",
    "favicon196""client/custom/img/favicon196x196.png"
    }​ 
    (5) restart the app, cleared cache and did a rebuild under Administrator function
    (6) Logout and reloaded the login page.
    (7) IT WORKED!!!

Thank you all and Yuri.

See the final results below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_3.png Views:	0 Size:	23.4 KB ID:	86856Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2.png Views:	0 Size:	34.5 KB ID:	86857
    Last edited by murugappan; 01-08-2023, 12:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• murugappan
    commented on 's reply
    espcrm did you get to resolve the problem of your code been overridden by Espocrm upgrades?

• telecastg
    commented on 's reply
    You're welcome

• punkyard
    commented on 's reply
    that's exactly what i needed, thanks

• jurnet
    replied
    It works.
    Be sure that the folder is Resources with one s.

Leave a comment:

• telecastg
    replied
    I don't see any problems with the JSON path, the custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/app folder needs to be created so you didn't do anything wrong.

Is your current version 5.8.3 or higher ?

The only other thing that could be an issue are the names of the favicon files which are "favicon.ico" and "favicon196x196.png" but you renamed them to
    "favicon-ficrm.ico" and "favicon192x192-ficrm.ico".

I am not really sure if that would make a difference but I see that in the template install/core/tpl/index.tpl the name "favicon.ico" is hard coded so it could be that the file name name has to remain "favicon.ico"

I honestly don't know if it will make a difference but try renaming your image files to favicon and favicon196x196 and match the required type (.ico and .png) just in case...

You can also check this link to the core Espo code https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...7566b8aead69d9 that shows how the application reads the file path to see if you can figure out what's going on.

Compare your own "application/Espo/Core/Utils/ClientManager.php" with the code repository to confirm that it has the same code.
    Last edited by telecastg; 07-28-2020, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X