Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change to the copyright area

Hi,

I want to add some additional information on the same line as the Espocrm copyright. Where can i make the change?

Hi,

Though it's not upgrade safe to change them.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps in v6.0 we can customize them. I want to change it too but not sure what add/remove/change down there.

What do other user planning to use?

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not the thing we would like users change. Please respect our work, keep the copyright intact.

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Understandable, I wouldn't know what to even change it to even if we have the option to.

Although it would be nice if I can add an extra information on there instead of being EspoCRM by itself there. But leaving it to Hardcode is all right with most user.

But I would like to be able to customize the favicon though. Unless EspoCRM deem that favicon should be left intact.

Another option is to use jquery $('#footer').html() in your script after the page has been rendered to edit the contents of the footer section which contains the copyright data. I used this method to hide the copyright notice temporarily while displaying or printing a document with esignature

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn't printing directly from web browser look quite ugly telecastg? I would assume you use the PDF function.

CSS misplacement and what not.

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually is better because you have full control over the css, modern browsers can render PDF exactly how it is rendered in the screen, this is how I implemented the esignature document print function.

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Modern? Which one you using? I tried printing with Firefox and Chrome to PDF, both look quite misplace (blank space, etc).
      Might be because of the PDF printer I use?

Even add-on extensions such as "PrintFriendly" still make it ugly.

I use Chrome and Explorer to render the page exactly as I want it without having to deal with TCPDF or custom helpers, the PDF printer that I use is PDFill PDF printer and writer https://www.pdfill.com/

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Will give that a try.

Any sample screenshot you can share? Cause my one look like this currently.

Which look OK in term of information but no separation and full Black/White mode. And if you were to try print a Quick Create or "List" feature the layout just get kill.

But that Text Render is terrible. Using PDF-Xchange for my Print2PDF, perhaps Chrome browser native PDF might be better?

Comment

I am not using the browser printer to "screen print" Espo forms or views, I am using it to render documents based on templates.

If you use the "Print PDF" method you are constrained by the TCPDF engine CSS limitations, so your options are quite limited, save that you implement custom Handlebars "helpers" (recently available), but then again this implies a deeper understanding of Handlebars which I don't have and quite frankly don't care to spend too much time acquiring it.

My preferred solution, is to put all my CSS specifications in the template entity, render the document in the screen's "main" section, and then use Chrome, Explorer or PDFill to print it.

This is an example of how an eSignature document looks as rendered in the screen's "main" section and how it looks after you print it from the browser by right clicking and choosing "print" from the menu or by clicking on the print icon on the top left corner of the document.

Comment

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
        That layout look interesting (1st screenshot), how did you do that? It look like you all field is a "Read Only" field, is that your Details screen? Or some sort of special "Print Mode" layout you setup, I'm sure your Data Entry of Work Order doesn't look like right?

You mention CSS specifications in template entity, are you using some sort of CSS modification on web browser, such as Stylish/Userstyle? You don't mean EspoCRM's PDF template, and not the Email Template either.

Interesting you mention PDFFill, do those Checkbox for example get loaded in PDF Form type, or is all data static.

---- PS I think topic might be getting out place. Looking forward to some future tutorial or discussion in different thread.

Comment

I posted a step by step tutorial on how to "print" to window instead to PDF so you can render documents using all css without being limited to TCPDF capabilities.

It's at the end of this thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...ss-limitations

Comment

Working...
          X