Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get all database table relative to an entity type ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get all database table relative to an entity type ?

How do I get all table names (main table is name of entity, but what about array values, relations tables) given an entity name in a php ?

Aside from the entity name, depending on the type of link, you can have the following tables/fields:

One to Many relationship (eg: Contact -> Contract) - "contract" table will have a contact_id field

Many to Many relationship (eg: Contact -> Call) - there is a "call_contact" table containing fields "contact_id" and "call_id" linking both entities

Parent to Children (eg: Contact -> Task) - the "child" table (Task) has two fields: "parent_id" (the id of the parent Contact) and "parent_type" (the name of the parent entity, in this case "Contact")

Array values are stored as a text field in the entity as ["value1", "value2", "valueN"]

So based on the above, unless the target entity has a Many to Many relationship with another entity, there would be no additional database tables

Comment

thanks! btw do you know if there are any other quirks about the other relations defined here: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/t.../Orm/Relations ?
      I was trying to do a sql backup of a single entity and all its relations

Comment

You're welcome

The only other quirk that I have found so far, is the Contact.title field that is not storable (does not exist as a table field), it is captured in the Contact entity but it is actually stored as "role" in the account_contact table which is the "middle" table created to implement the Many-to-Many relationship between Account and Contact that has no direct input front-end implementation.

I haven't found yet where is this precisely implemented, but unless your entity has this type of "different" field I think that you could write your sql query based on my previous comment to backup a single entity and all of its links.

You can also learn more about how metadata is converted to actual mysql tables here:
        EspoCRM – Open Source CRM Application. Contribute to espocrm/espocrm development by creating an account on GitHub.
        Last edited by telecastg; 02-26-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X