• Show
Clear All

• Automation scanning the content of Email and make new Lead

I'm starting to study on Espo CRM.
    I've got the task: that is to scan the content of Email, there was written:
    First Name: Test
    Last Name: Test
    Email Address: Test

then CRM should scan these 3 words and check if these words exist in Lead's list if no then create new leads with these words.

I don't find how new Leads entry to place in PHP file.

Can someone help/explain to me?

EspoCRM can do "if" and "search" statement but to be honest I have no idea how to use it. As there is multiple task involve here I think your only choice is to use workflow.

My alternative solution is... these email and these field, it seem vaguely familiar like it come from sort of form? Such as online Contact form? A wordpress/website form perhaps? If it does come from a form, it would be better to export the form directly from that platform as some sort of CSV file and import it to the CRM for the time being.

Comment

I think you need something like custom scheduled job,

Comment

I suggest creating a custom service action for workflow. Requires some coding: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ice-actions.md. This service action will be parsing an email body and creating new lead.

You will have a workflow for Email entity type and action 'Run Service Action' with your custom service action selected.

Comment

• lukguz
          lukguz commented
          Editing a comment
          The workflow is in Advanced Pack. I don't use it.

Hi lukguz,

I finally figure out a one-way sync from Contact Form to EspoCRM if you are interested in learning: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...0758#post60758

Once I develop a bit more skill I may be able to do more.

Comment

Working...
        X