Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to restrict visibility on *some* stream comments on custom entity (like on cases)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to restrict visibility on *some* stream comments on custom entity (like on cases)

Hi there -

I'd like to be able to restrict some stream comments for a custom entity to Internal Users, while making the stream generally available to Portal Users. See, for example, how Cases are implemented. I can click the "lock" button and make a comment that only team members see, but portal users don't.

I already have streams active for the entities I want to implement this feature on and Portal Users have "Account" level access to the stream. That's working as expected

How do I implement that "locking" feature that's already implemented on Cases on a custom entity? Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 1.35.15 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	47.1 KB ID:	53195

UPD: I figured it out. In the clientDefs file of the entity you want to restrict stream usage on, add this line:

Code:
    "allowInternalNotes": true,
    That should get 'er done.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your answer jflores I just ran across the same question and your posting saved me time !

Comment

Working...
      X