Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting records to Word Doc

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for adding the ability to export records into a file that can be opened in Microsoft Word? The Print to PDF works great for most exports, but there are some we would like to edit and format the data after export in a word doc.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello,

you have phpOffice => phpWord.. need some coding but work well.
    have many sample on the net.. need to install phpWord library (excel is installed out-of-the-box ) and then make custom service or custom entryPoint.

Best regards

Comment

Hey,

is it possible to get an Addon or workaround or something like this?

I am not a developer (so ... coding is a little bit difficult) but this function would be very great!

Best regards!

Comment

Hello,
        you may also export to csv and import into Word by using the serial letter function. Before you have to create a template for that in Word with appropriate placeholders.

Comment

Thanks very much!
          I export the data to Excel and have created a formatting macro in Excel. That is the easiest way....

Many greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
            Thanks very much!
            I export the data to Excel and have created a formatting macro in Excel. That is the easiest way....

Many greetings
            If possible, please share the formatting macro. As far as I'm aware there is no Plug-in/Addon that can do these. Only one that is able to do are all Monthly subscription one, no one time purchase.

Originally posted by shalmaxb View Post
            Hello,
            you may also export to csv and import into Word by using the serial letter function. Before you have to create a template for that in Word with appropriate placeholders.
            I'm rather curious with this one... I know you can probably Export as csv/excel but then you have to use Mail Merge if you want to use Word with the data... but this Template and Serial letter function is first time I heard of.

Any tutorial out there I can have a look at how to do this?

Comment

Hey,

unfortunately I don't know if there are any tutorials.
              I can try to briefly summarize my work steps:

1. Excel: File - Options - Customize Ribbon - Developer Tools (on)
              2. Export your Data as XSLT (export all fields - it's easier)
              3. open the downloaded Data with Excel
              4. go to Developer Tools
              5. record macro
              6. Macro save in: personal macro workbook
              7. Now you need to format the table so that it looks the way you want it...
              8. Stop record macro

You can check out my macro:

You can find your global macro under (win 10) %appdata%\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART\PERSONAL.XLSB
              If you want to use my macro you have to save my macro there under personal.xlsb.

To try it out, I have uploaded an example export for you. Maybe the fonts will be a problem!
              I also had big problems with html code in the text (Find and Replace as Macro... )

For our purposes it works very well

Greetings

Nina
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Nina; 08-02-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nina View Post
                Hey,

Nina
                Hi Nina, excellent post. Thank you very much.

I gave it a try and reading through it it seem simple enough to follow. But I'm kinda confuse on the how-to use, your work steps seem to show on how to create a Macro/template.

But what do I do with the Example file, I'm rather new to Macro but have experience (just basic calculation + table) with Excel. As for the font, work fine on my machine, It displaying as Calibri font... so I guess it might have revert to default font when I open it.

Comment

The macro serves to save (in this case) the formatting of the table, that will be created effortless, when you export your records as XLXS-file. Excel can open that without problems as a simple table with sortable header-cells.
                  Then you start creating the macro, start to format the table, as you need it. If everything is formatted as you like, save the macro.
                  When you export updated or changed records again (from the same entity as before), you can open the export from espoCRM in Excel, start the macro and the new table will be formatted as the one before.

The hint to export all fields is not always suitable. I have an entity with about 130 fields, of which many are not even visible in the default view, as they are necessary for calculations but not for display. You can choose the fields, that you want to export and so you won`t have to delete the columns, that you don`t need in the Excel table.

Unfortunately espoCRM is not able to save the selection of fields, yet. I hope this will be implemented one day. So you could save various selections for different purposes.

Comment

Working...
                  X