Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Write the common functions in espocrm please help me..................?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write the common functions in espocrm please help me..................?

Write the common functions in espocrm?????????
    Last edited by ganesanjc; 05-30-2019, 06:44 AM.

what do you mean from common functions ????
    Cheers!
    Nishan.

Comment

• ganesanjc
      ganesanjc commented
      Editing a comment
      avoid the duplicate functions. One function need to use in multiple area with out write the function just call the function

He is trying to create a common function which he can able to access in any entity controller function as like helper function in code-igniter and other frameworks.

Comment

Closest I can find is the "Util" class (application/Espo/Core/Utils/Util.php) which contains public static functions like:

public static function hyphenToCamelCase(string $string) : string
      {
      return self::toCamelCase($string, '-');
      }

that can be called from any class using the full namespace function name like:

$name = \Espo\Core\Utils\Util::hyphenToCamelCase($name);

However any modifications to the Util class would not be upgrade safe, so I would create a custom Util class (custom/Espo/Custom/Utils/MyUtil.php) and define your custom public static functions there like so:

namespace Espo\Custom\Utils;
      use \Espo\Core\Exceptions\Error;
      class MyUtil
      {
      public static function myFirstFunction()
      {
      bla bla bla
      }

}

which could be called from another script as $anything = \Espo\Custom\Utils\MyUtil::myFirstFunction();

I haven't tested it because I have no use for it at the moment, but hopefully it can give you an idea, if it works please share your solution so everyone can benefit :-)

Comment

I am doing that but using an empty entrypoint instead of a whole new class. I've been doing that with static methods since no info is written on how to instantiate an espo-inherited class. IMHO dependency injection is a form of code obfuscation when documentation is not enough...

Comment

Working...
        X